PR & Brand Comms Controller
We're NOW, part of the Sky family and one of the UK's leading streaming platforms. We're the only place to get Sky Cinema and Sky Sports without a contract. We're brilliant TV made by brilliant people. We're big on real diversity, inclusion and collaboration. And we need talent to keep pushing boundaries and grow our brand. Big-thinkers. Changemakers. Showstoppers. Join in.
NOW an exciting opportunity for an experienced PR & Brand Comms Controller to lead the Brand Communications team to help us drive awareness and understanding for NOW across our lively PR and Social channels.
What you'll do:
* Strategic planning and direction of NOW's consumer PR for our products including our Ents, Cinema & Sports Memberships, platform and broadband. Plus work with the Sky PR team to be the NOW lead on all brand/hero content campaigns ensuring excellence in delivery reflective of our brand principles.
* Leading NOW's brand reputation on planned or reactive changes to the service. Including the production of NOW specific comms around news announcements, NOW's Incident Management Comms and out of hours support for the wider business. Plus work closely with NOW's PR agency on the day to day promotion of NOW's service and content e.g. our monthly newsletter to press and special offer announcements.
* Partner management with Sky's Corporate Affairs teams. Ensuring colleagues and partners are engaged with our work. Provide essential communications counsel to the business in your area of expertise (PR and issues management). And develop and implement a thought leadership programme for our senior execs including speaking and profiling opportunities aligned to the overarching Sky/NOW strategy
* Lead the team that manages NOW's Responsible Business Programme - from concept approval, implementation and ongoing management. Likewise for our 10 Year Anniversary and delivery of.
* Lead the go to market comms planning process by working closely with the change delivery team as well as wider internal stakeholders from the Sky and NOW to ensure our comms are aligned across the business.
* Owner of NOW's LinkedIn channel helping the Brand Communications Exec to develop NOW's employer brand through this important recruitment tool. This will include working with Sky's HR team and taking ownership for NOW's PR, Responsible Business and LinkedIn budgets - including finance reconciliation process with our agencies and finance department.
What you'll bring:
* Experience in a relevant business sector - media, publishing, or streaming/OTT and with a great understanding of the media landscape/news cycle, with the ability to leverage both for the benefit of the business.
* Ability to set clear vision and direction, thinking long-term and planning effectively - whilst also championing creativity and the development of big, bold ideas.
* A track record of leading a team to deliver effective results.
* Able to collaborate effectively with colleagues and other partners; capable of skilfully influencing internally and externally.
* An instinct to be proactive and create momentum, rather than wait for direction; the ability to make decisions with confidence.
* The ability to thrive when working in a fast-paced start up environment, coping with a very varied and complex workload - and cut through it to focus on the work which matters most.
NOW Team Overview
Everyone at NOW is a fan of our movies, shows and sport. But for us, the real action lies behind the scenes. With over 250 people, we're more than just brilliant entertainment. We're forward-thinking, people-focused and passionate about world-class experiences. Here, you'll feel your confidence grow as you make your mark. And as part of an inclusive and supportive team, we'll make sure you develop to your full potential.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place or a NOW Membership
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.