5 days left
- Contract Type
Here at Amey we are looking for a talented Bid Writer to join the Business Growth function of the Secure Infrastructure (SI) division. You will provide bid writing support to SI bid teams, accessing knowledge resources and the range of previous bids, to ensure consistent high quality responses.
The Bid Writer is a key role in the bid team, working closely with the Bid Manager and the Bid Coordinator.
Bids may cover a range of SI capabilities including: infrastructure and asset management, facilities management, complex support services. Bids may be standalone Amey opportunities or working with strategic partners delivered as a joint venture or consortium. Bids will vary in duration, size and complexity: from a few weeks for a Framework Bid, through to multi-stage 18 month long negotiated processes, with contract values anything from £5M pa through to £150M pa
The role will be mainly home-based, with collaboration sessions as required in Oxford, Birmingham or location that the bid demands (UK).
Ideally you will have experience of bidding (1-2 years experience) or could have experience of technical journalism
- Work on bids under the guidance of the Bid Director and Bid Manager, producing high quality consistent bid responses, reflecting the Amey house style.
- Analyse client requirements including compliance and scoring.
- Help to identify win themes and story boarding to shape the content of responses.
- Help bid team members with sourcing material from Knowledge resources and previous bids, maximising the sharing of best practice.
- Access Knowledge Resources and technical input from team members to craft responses to specific client questions, backed up with evidence and case studies.
- Provide editorial support to other bid authors.
- Carry out final copy editing and proof-reading.
- Support final bid production process
- Flexible, calm under pressure, takes ownership, and has a sense of fun.
- Thorough in approach, diligent, with keen attention to detail.
- Deadline and process oriented.
- Well organised with the capacity to take on large volume of tasks.
- Commitment to see job through from start to finish.
- Willingness to tap into wider business knowledge and experience through networking.
- Team player, keen to help others to achieve.
- Experience of the bid process.
- Ability to produce expressive, easy-to-read written material quickly.
- Experience of developing knowledge libraries and document management systems
- Must be organised and methodical, with attention to detail
- Must have confidence and communication skills to be able to interact with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Degree level education in a writing-based subject
- MS Office - Word Advanced Level and PowerPoint Advanced Level
- MS Teams and SharePoint - Advanced Level.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.