Here at Amey, within our Rail division, we are recruiting for a Data Analyst to join the team in Treforest, working on the Core Valley Lines construction project.
You will be joining a team of 5 and reporting into the Programme Manager.
As Data Analyst you will be adept at manipulating large volumes of data on Excel and Power BI and able to drive improvements to reports and processes. You will be a highly organised individual capable of meeting tight deadlines and managing changing priorities.
The role will be based in Treforest for at least 3 days per week.
- Ensuring the timely submission of complete and accurate data in the prescribed format
- Validating data and populate performance reporting systems at the prescribed frequency
- Supporting ad hoc requests for local performance data Producing daily / weekly / monthly / periodic reports showing performance against targets
- Helping to design and implement appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for each business unit / contract / function
- Assisting in the creation of clear definitions for each KPI Data Analysis
- Analysing KPI data to identify issues, trends and improvement opportunities
- Assisting the Programme Reporting Manager in the development and production of web-based reports
- Assisting the Programme Reporting Manager in translating performance improvement opportunities into a coherent, prioritised business improvement strategy
- Benchmarking performance data across similar contracts / industries KPI Reporting
- Assisting in the creation of clear definitions for each KPI
- Experience of analysis of complex data and information using the relevant tools available to define, measure, analyse, improve and control performance.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally, being able to translate complex information, including Client requirements, to provide information in a way that is accessible and easily understood
- Experience of/ability to influence and persuade stakeholders/customers to accept a particular way forward, sometimes dealing with resistance to the proposals
- Strong Excel and Power BI skills
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.