Application Development Analyst
We are currently recruiting for an Application Development Analyst to join our Application Services team. We follow the Scrum methodology and work closely with our internal customers to deliver high quality software. Our projects span across Finance, Operations, Purchasing, Legal and Sales. We believe in following industry standard best practices. Our technology stack includes Power Platform, C#, ASP.Net, .Net Core, Typescript, MVC, Web API, Angular, TDD, Entity Framework, MS SQL Server 2016, Visual Studio 2019 and Azure platform services. This role can be done remotely but may require a presence at our head office in Letchworth Garden City from time to time according to business requirements.
Why should you apply to Willmott Dixon? Our talented IT team have worked tirelessly throughout 2020 and 2021 to provide the business with a best-in-class IT service that has kept the business running in the face of the challenges that the last year has thrown at us. They are a great team to work with and would describe themselves as: -
* Genuine and friendly
* Innovative and keen to improve
* Responsive to customer needs
Not only are they a genuinely nice bunch of people, they are also passionate about ensuring that the business has the technical toolset that they need to stay ahead of the competition. This means that the business has invested heavily within IT over the last couple of years and will continue to do so throughout 2021 and beyond!
What does this mean for our Application Services Team? Our customers are really important to us and we strive to provide our customers with the IT applications that they require to do their jobs successfully. We have an in-house application development team that works closely with the business to understand their requirements and recommends / develops solutions to help the business to address their challenges. With this in mind, in addition to the required technical skills for the role, we are looking for people that have exceptional customer facing skills with an ability to explain technical matters in business language to key stakeholders within the business.
Duties and responsibilities within the role will include:
* Provide high quality software development expertise for Willmott Dixon software applications.
* Recommend solutions to identified requirements using the most appropriate communication method.
* Build and maintain good collaborative working-relationships with internal and external project stakeholders.
* Organise and manage own workload effectively to meet all project timescales and manager's expectations.
* Actively contribute to IS projects as required.
* Collaborate with the Digital Business Partner in identifying areas for improvement and maintain a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of software development.
* Provide a designated level of application support to end users and other IS personnel.
* Perform testing of developments prior to release.
You will ideally have knowledge of some of the following:
* Experience using .NET, .NET CORE and C#.
* Automation testing / manual testing
* Experience using Angular, Typescript, CSS, SCSS.
* Application development using TDD.
* Experience using Entity framework, SQL server, Lamar, Unity.
* Experience working in Agile/scrum environment.
* Experience in SDLC.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer.
Benefits: In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
With nearly 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.