Here at Lloyds Banking Group, we are looking for an Investigating Officer. Group Conduct Investigations is the centre of excellence for investigations into Speak Up (Whistleblowing) and performance investigations following risk events.
The Investigation team consists of skilled Investigators, who work together to deliver high quality investigations which reach fair and objective outcomes and are robustly conducted and scrupulously documented to ensure they withstand challenge or complaint.
Investigators are responsible for leading SM/MRT investigations and supporting more junior colleagues to lead and handle investigations assigned to them. They utilise their technical expertise, critical mind-set and professional judgement to ensure robust and high quality investigations at all times. They may work alone or as part of a team depending on the complexity of an investigation, and apply their judgement to determine appropriate approaches to take to investigate, gather evidence and substantiate allegations.
What you'll be doing...
You'll be subject to a mandatory Training & Competence scheme and ongoing professional development and assessment to ensure they can perform the role fully and effectively.
- Leads and/or supports investigations, by overseeing and applying the appropriate critical thinking, judgement, shaping, decisioning and technical competence to ensure a robust investigation is conducted
- Uses appropriate evidence gathering and analysis techniques and tools relevant to the investigation scope and evidence at hand, including knowing when and how to utilise eDiscovery solutions and advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate evidence.
- Responsible for reviewing the quality of the work produced by Investigators supporting on cases.
- Conduct all investigation activities as required in line with investigation procedures and standards
- Ensure quality standards have been adhered to and an objective and critical mind-set has been applied to the work produced.
- Carefully identifies and manages conflicts of interest relating to investigations.
- Protects the identity of Speak Up Reporters throughout and after investigations.
- Support in the drafting of materials for governance reports, contributing to the facts and circumstances investigated.
- Act as point of contact for external / third party contacts related to investigations where required
- Maintain storage of case materials, MI and appropriate evidence handling requirements, as well as overall risk management for their investigations.
- Supports the lead Investigating Officer in the writing of governance reports to articulate the investigation case findings, outcomes and recommendations
- May line manage a number of Investigators, responsible for managing their performance and providing pastoral care
- Supports with the coaching and development of more junior Investigators, in line with the Training & Competency scheme, ensuring cases are investigated with the appropriate rigor.
- Prior experience of conducting investigative activity will be highly advantageous
- Builds strong teams with a clear purpose that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common objectives. Builds a leadership team that advances organisational strategies. Enables cross-functional teamwork; builds collaboration across the organisation and actively provides feedback. Models teamwork; partners well with a wide range of leaders.
- Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organisation's objectives.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Develops and delivers communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences and their team.
- Works independently and provides guidance and training to others to enable sustainable growth through consistently fair customer outcomes by understanding Conduct Risk and carrying out business in a way that avoids financial or reputational loss to the Group.
- Paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
- Uses compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Works independently and provides guidance and training to others while interpreting and applying comprehensive knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies in area of expertise.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Want to hear more?
You'll be offered a competitive package which includes...
- a generous pension contribution and
- Flex cash to spend on a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel welcomed and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.