As the complexity of the Discovery ecosystem increases so do the needs of marketing. The pivot to SVOD adds complexity and greater accountability to the marketing function with data playing an ever-important role and the relationship with affiliate partners becomes integrated. These will encompass our traditional affiliate partners such as Sky, but also the enhanced partnership with Amazon Channels around d+ and new strategic distribution partners such as Vodafone.
This role will be responsible for supporting the partnerships function both in terms of on-boarding new partners and providing support to existing partners to ensure marketing activity is implemented and d+ support is maximised through our strategic partners.
This role will report to the Senior Partnerships Manager and work with the Creative, Digital / Social team, Editorial Planning and Commercial Development UK.
The Partnerships Coordinator will support all partnership marketing activity as directed by the Senior Partnerships Manager.
The Partnerships team will sit under the Senior Marketing and Communications Director in the newly formed UK Marketing hub.
- Liaise with insights and the affiliate partners to ensure data is monitored and tracked from our affiliate partners and fed back into the business. Support the Senior Partnerships Manager with data driven insights and ensure trackers are updated
Implementation of Plans
- With the Senior Partnerships Manager, contribute towards project plans and and draw up schematics which plan and track marketing activity across all affiliate partners. Implement marketing plans around specific content titles through the affiliates to include merchandising, loyalty programmes and other earned media. Work on the on-boarding and launches of new platform partners as they come on stream, acting as a key part of the launch team for such partnerships. Manage the Top Picks and Sky VIP trackers for Sky and roll these out across new partners as they come on stream.
Creative and Digital Management
- Liaise with the creative and digital/social teams on the development of any creative or digital assets needed for partners, under the supervision of the Senior Partnerships Manager.
Marketing – innovative, exciting and creative
- Support efforts to execute and amplify full mix marketing campaigns within our partners’ media and merchandising outlets. The successful candidate will be given responsibility as appropriate to manage certain aspects of the campaigns to grow and develop their skills.
Measuring Success – keeping Marketing activity on target and on budget
- Support the Senior Partnerships Manager and Senior Marketing and Communications Director with post campaign analysis for the key priorities. Update budget tracker and raise Purchase Orders for marketing costs and expenses so we know where money is being spent.
Synergy and Relationship Management- building relationships across Discovery and within our partners
- Working closely with the other functional groups within the marketing function; Editorial Planning, Commercial Development and other teams to implement integrated campaigns that support channel and commercial priorities. Establish strong relationships with peers within partner organisations based on trust and reliability.
- Assume responsibility for day to day operational relationships with key affiliate partner peer to peer contacts and ensure all marketing materials are delivered in accordance with any contractual obligations. Contribute to the discovery+ master filing system within Google, ensuring maximum cohesion, convenience and seamless access across the team.
- Degree educated. Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma or working towards one preferred. An understanding of the broadcast and SVOD environment and the working practices within a multi channel multi-platform business. Communicates effectively
- Keeps people informed of the department’s work and persuades others to support ideas and plans
- Stays organised
- Self-starter, quick learner, quality focused and able to multi task. Outstanding attention to detail and organizational abilities; evidence of “follow through” skills. Plans and timelines created and maintained for all projects. Where needed, provide status reports for meetings with status and action points highlighted clearly. Comfortable working in a multinational organization and within a global matrix environment.
- Inspires Creativity and Innovation
- Thinks creatively and encourages the exchange of ideas to solve problems or meet objectives Makes recommendations of offers alternative options where expectations or deliverables cannot be made. Familiarity with marketing a subscription service.
- Builds Relationships Engages colleagues across the organisation and learns from them to optimise performance An innovative marketer with experience in an SVOD environment. Strong relationship management with internal and external contacts. Dynamic personality, adaptability, professionalism.