FTC Partnerships Manager
As the complexity of the Discovery ecosystem increases so do the needs of marketing. The pivot to SVOD adds complexity and greater accountability. The need to increase reach and optimise prominence via third parties will be crucial to driving increased growth.
This role will be responsible for collaborating with Discovery’s platform partners to ensure prominence and exposure is maximised, optimising both acquisition and usage of discovery+. Reporting to the Senior Partnership Manager this will be pivotal in ensuring b2b2c partnerships are aligned with the promotional priorities and broader discovery+ marketing strategy.
Working alongside our key partners (Amazon, Sky, Vodafone, Roku etc.) this position will be responsible for supporting and implementing their consumer marketing plans. They will assist build and execute marketing strategies to drive awareness, build audiences in accordance with the discovery+ KPIs.
This role will support, all marketing activity with a particular focus on driving subscriber acquisition and retention amongst existing subscribers.
- Working in a totally integrated way with the broader Marcomms team, this role will work with platform partners to ensure all key priorities are surfaced in accordance with the broader marketing plans.
- Working with the platform marketing leads, broader partnership strategies will be conceived and executed in line with their respective priorities.
- Specifically, this role will work with the Sky Merchandising and VIP teams to ensure impact and awareness is maximised across their UI and broader ecosystem supported by the Partnership Co-ordinator
- Specifically this role will work with the Vodafone teams on the sustain marketing plans and drumbeat of activity across all opportunities post launch supported by the Partnership Co-ordinator
- This role will also encompass working with central teams e.g Eurosport on digital affiliate requests and managing the supply of those assets to affiliate teams
- Overseeing the day to day content surfacing done by the co-ordinator to ensure they are data driven against discovery+ priorities.
- Supporting the Senior Partnership Manager on new launches in the 2021/22 pipeline.
- Working with the broader marketing and creative group ensure all collateral is created in accordance with the marketing timeline.
- Brainstorm and identify new marketing opportunities which further the D2C ambitions outside of traditional above the line media.
- Act as a conduit between the platform marketing teams, in-house marketing and distribution.
This role will involve day to day interactions with senior marketing personnel outside of the organisation and requires an excellent understanding of marketing and its applications.
Given the multiple projects which will be live at any given time, it is imperative the candidate is highly organised, numerate with exceptional communications skills. Additionally:
- Broadcast TV and SVOD environment desirable.
- A proven track record in marketing and merchandising of content. A comprehensive understanding of marketing workflow management including content windowing. Ability to build confidence with partner leads and teams and pre-empt their needs and requests to ensure d+ has maximum exposure in their marketing campaigns Ability to spot opportunities and execute upon them. Dynamic personality, adaptable and professional. Some sports knowledge desirable but not essential