PMO Specialist/Analyst for Medical Diagnostics Industry
Roche Diagnostics Limited has an exciting opportunity for a PMO Specialist to join a winning implementation team at Roche Diagnostics. At Roche we believe it’s paramount to deliver best class customer support ensuring business continuity and allowing our customers and ultimately patients to receive the correct diagnosis.
You will ensure fast and smooth coordination of successful service installations at client laboratory sites, while maintaining project documentation. In this role, you will play a key part in team performance management and reporting, as well as orchestrating end-to-end delivery approaches and methodologies. You will also be a pivotal interface between the project delivery management team and the field service engineering scheduling team, ensuring appropriate resource allocation for large medical lab equipment installations.
We are inviting candidates currently working in domains of specialism including, but not restricted to, logistics and supply chain management, import/export, medical repatriation services and post-sales service support.
Who you are
Educated to Bachelor degree or equivalent in Business, Science or industry related subjects, you will possess, not only successful experience in coordinating fast pace scheduling/planning activities in a lean environment with internal and external stakeholders (customers and suppliers), but core skills in Portfolio, Programme and Project Office management and orchestration.
You will provide process, portfolio & project management coaching, direction and support to your team colleagues
Other critical attributes to your success in the position include:
If you feel you have the commitment to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organisation for you. In return we offer a competitive salary plus the excellent benefits you would expect from a blue-chip organisation, including a genuine interest in your development and progression.
Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want to be part of a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
- Provide project management expertise to the Customer Projects Team in prioritizing, shaping, planning and orchestrating projects
- Provide expertise in team practices and techniques (ways of working) and apply these appropriately to differing project environments
- At portfolio level:
- Share responsibility for maintaining portfolio plan, dashboards and reports in order to meet the needs of Leadership and Peers
- Contribute to portfolio management oversight and insights for key stakeholders
- At project level:
- Coach and support team members in the adoption and use of practices to improve the effectiveness across the Customer Projects lifecycle. Establish a continuous improvement mindset in the teams, coaching continuous improvement approaches and techniques
- Ensure mechanisms in place for co-ordination of Business Area engagement across projects
- Where applicable facilitate project mobilisation workshops at project inception
- Facilitate relationships with suppliers, subject matter experts and external stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of portfolio and project management methodologies, tools and techniques in waterfall, lean and agile environments
- Substantial experience of establishing project management frameworks within large, complex, global organisations
- Practical knowledge and experience of managing projects/programmes/portfolio
- Experienced in the use of project management & collaboration software (e.g. Smartsheet/MS Project/Trello) and MS Office or Google Suite
- Proven track record of successful implementations, based on the outputs of the business analysis, with quantifiable results
- Proven track record of going deep into problem resolutions when necessary, but able to articulate the bigger picture and solution creation
- Self-starter, strong prioritisation and planning skills. Takes ownership autonomously in anticipating and resolving issues in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment using strong problem solving & analytical skills;
- Very high attention to detail with excellent organisation skills
- Able to diplomatically handle multiple stakeholders with conflicting priorities. Not afraid to hold difficult conversations and escalate issues as appropriate;
- Quick study on processes and ability to streamline them and make appropriate recommendations with little supervision; able to act as a change agent: can evangelise process changes to others effectively;
- First hand successful experience of using advanced planning and scheduling tools;
- Systems savvy: strong knowledge of MS Excel (knowledge of the Google Suite products and advantage) and a proficient knowledge of core systems and tools such as SAP, Salesforce.com, ERP, CRM (would be advantageous);
- Strong knowledge of UK and Irish territory (Geography)