Assistant Accountant - Sytner Sheffield BMW
About the role
Sytner BMW Sheffield has a fantastic opportunity available for an Assistant Accountant to join their team.
As a Sytner Assistant Accountant, you will support the day to day functions of the accounts department and contribute towards the preparation of the dealership management accounts. The role will involve the following tasks and key areas of work:
- maintenance of the dealership fixed asset register
- vehicle funding reconciliations and reporting
- transacting within both the sales and purchase ledgers
- month-end balance sheet reconciliations
You will also be versatile and flexible in assisting the Dealership Accountant and Management team in other ad-hoc duties.
Sytner Assistant Accountant work a variety of flexible patterns between Mondays – Friday; however, this sometimes can include weekends to ensure we provide our customers with the highest possible levels of service.
You will need to demonstrate the following skills and arears of experience:
- experience of working within the purchase/sales ledger
- the ability to operate confidently within the nominal ledger
- an understanding of accounting principles and basic technical accounting
- experience of the Kerridge Autoline accounting system, Automotive accounting and advanced Excel skills are all desirable.
Ideally, you will be enthusiastic, well organised, diligent, and able to work to strict deadlines whilst paying attention to detail and working both as an individual and as part of a small team.
Sytner Group currently represents over 21 of the world's most prestige vehicle brands; in over 140 dealerships across the UK, we provide a fantastic working environment and we and are committed to 'Developing Talent' and 'Building Careers'.
We will also recognise and reward your hard work, loyalty and achievements. As well as competitive salary you will also benefit from subsidised Manufacturer Car Purchase Scheme for you and your family, discounted MOT and servicing, a colleague introduction reward scheme, discounted Gym membership and discounts with popular high street retailers.
We are committed to being the best company to work for and recently we were ranked the top-rated retailer on Glassdoor as a result of direct colleague feedback.