Manager, Employment Tax
You will work closely with various key stakeholders across Macquarie’s Divisions, with a wide exposure to employees from all areas of Macquarie and locations where Macquarie has operations, with a specific focus on the EMEA region.
You will be:
- advising on a broad range of taxation and social security related matters in the EMEA region relating to:
- remuneration structures;
- internationally mobile employees
- employee share plans;
- non-employee arrangements;
- M&A projects.
- liaising with HR, the Tax Reporting function and Payroll teams to provide technical support and ensure the Macquarie Group meets its tax compliance responsibilities within each relevant EMEA jurisdiction
- monitoring and communicating changes to employment tax related laws
- involved in internal and external tax audits and reviews of Macquarie Group entities
- managing employment tax compliance activities in the EMEA region
- documenting and reviewing policies and procedures
- identifying and implementing process improvements.
Our business is to realise opportunities for our clients, stakeholders and staff, and is characterised by accountability and integrity. We are able to achieve this through the initiative and drive of each member of our team:
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- be able to demonstrate a strong and broad knowledge of core tax technical provisions, specifically in relation to employment tax and social security matters around EMEA, double tax treaties, bilateral social security agreements, employee share schemes and cross-border mobility issues
- have previous employment tax advisory experience within a chartered accounting firm, legal firm or in commerce and hold a tax qualification
- be able to work independently and take responsibility with minimal supervision and may be involved in team management
- work pro-actively to identify and address any potential risk and improve processes and controls
- be flexible and willing to work across multiple time zones, in particular Australia, the Philippines, India and the US
- be able to develop internal relationships with key contacts in other divisions as well as in other Macquarie offices
- be able to support other Division members when situations arise to ensure the Taxation Division's requirements and goals are met
- have outstanding communication, organisational, analytical, problem-solving, and project managing skills.
If you are a highly experienced Employment Tax specialist, looking for a new challenge, we want to hear from you. Apply now online, or to learn more about us, visit www.macquarie.com/careers
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.