Senior Visual Creative
Senior Visual Creative
The charity is keen to engage with spiritually open people who fall outside the traditional audience. We're looking for someone who's able to work with the research into this group and create exciting and imaginative graphics across a range of outputs that culturally translates the Bible for them. If you're passionate about the Bible, have great creative vision and are a team player, this job may be for you.
Position: Senior Visual Creative
Location: Swindon (M4 corridor) with home working flexibility
Hours: Full time
Salary: £30-35k per annum
Duration: Two-year’s fixed-term contract
Benefits: Flexible Working, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Family Time benefits including TOIL, 25 day’s holiday (plus bank holidays) holiday trading, discounted gym membership, Health Cash Plan or Private Medical, Cycle Scheme, Annual Staff Day, Life Assurance, Tastecard, Childcare Vouchers, Loyalty Awards, Staff Events, Free tea and coffee and free car parking
Closing date: 24 October 2021
Interview date: 8 November 2021
The Senior Visual Creative sits in an exciting new team tasked with creatively communicating the Bible to the 20 per cent of the UK population who are spiritually open and are generally found outside the church. The Senior Visual Creative will steer the visual application of the brand, creating graphics and design or outsourcing a variety of visual assets such as film, animation and photography that create an appetite for the Bible and provide experiences where people can encounter the Bible in a positive, perception-changing way.
Main responsibilities include:
- Generate ideas and visualise concepts that culturally translate the Bible for spiritually open people across a range of outputs, from social media posts to billboard ads, and animations to films
- Participate in creative group exegesis, exploring Bible texts with an emphasis on how to communicate it visually
- Become expert at understanding spiritually open audiences and be an ambassador for reaching these groups
- Work with Creative Lead to set visual direction for this area of work
- Create graphics for website and print across a range of outputs including podcasts, social media, adverts and editorial
- Create and/or commission short films and animations.
- Work alongside in-house UX team to apply brand to websites designed for spiritually open audiences
You will have a degree in Visual Studies, Design or related subject or equivalent experience and bring with you knowledge of best practices in digital design, an understanding of what makes great digital assets and the print process including setting up design for print. You will have strong biblical knowledge with a willingness to explore and learn more
You will have experience of:
- Editorial design, layout, typography and digital design
- Motion graphics and/or animation and/or videography, including photography, storyboarding, sound design, interviewing, directing, editing (desirable)
- Working within brand guidelines
- Working effectively with other creatives
- Delivering creative products from concept to final outcome
- Adobe Creative Cloud, with solid experience of using Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro and After Effects
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please provide your CV and a 250-word statement that sets out why you’re the best person for this position.
Commitment - As a Christian organisation, the charity believe you have gifts and abilities that are all your own. So they’re willing to explore how what you have might fit what’s needed.
The checklist – There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. You don't have to tick every box on the job description before you apply!
It's personal - You have a life outside work, and the organisation want you to be able to live it well. So are happy to talk to you about flexible working hours and working from home.
Learn and grow - When you're trained in a new skill, or learn a different perspective, it benefits everyone. The organisation is committed to making it possible for everyone to flourish, with a huge variety of learning resources available.
Celebrating difference - Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of the organisation and it promotes diversity of thought, culture and background. Diversity is valued and this is reflected in the workforce.
Level ground - We want you to bring your best to the application and selection process. If you need any adjustments to be made for that to happen, let us know and we'll be glad to help.
About the Organisation
The charity’s mission is to offer the Bible to the world. It is a vision of a world where everyone has access to the Bible and can recognise its value for them, their families and communities. Working for a Christian charity, this is a great opportunity to work for an investor in people gold employer who have won awards for their excellence in investing in people. They are committed to the development of all staff and have fantastic charity-sector benefits to help motivate and retain exceptional people.
The charity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and aspires to reflect this in its workforce. Applications are welcome from people representing all sections of the community.
You may also have experience as a Creative Design Lead, Art Director, Creative Lead, Senior Creative Designer, Graphic Design, Senior Visual Designer, Design Director, Head of Creative, Visual Design Specialist, Digital Art Director, Lead Creative Designer, Digital Design, Videographer, Photography, Photographer, Editor, Editorial, Senior Designer, Senior Graphic Designer, Senior Visual Designer, Visual Creative, Creative Graphic Designer, Senior Digital Graphic Designer, Art Worker, Graphic Designer, Junior Graphic Designer, Interim Graphic Designer, Creative Graphic Designer, Visual Graphic Designer, Creative Artworker, Brand, Creative Brand.