What is the purpose of this role?
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical. This role will involve installing, maintaining, servicing and repairing electrical installations, circuits and wiring systems across the prison.
HMP Kirkham - Freckleton Road, Kirkham, Preston PR4 2RN
This will involve working weekends on a rota basis for which we pay an additional 15% shift allowance
What will this role involve?
- Responsibility for installing all electrical equipment conforming to ASLEC and IEE 18th Edition wiring regulations across the prison
- Diagnose and replace failed components
- Carry out electrical inspection tests and install electrical equipment and wiring across the prison.
- Other maintenance tasks as required
- Responsibility for the security of plant, tools and materials
- Responsible for the safe use of vehicles if needed
- Responsibility for wearing all PPE
- Responsible for own health and safety and that of the public
- Responsible for achieving own performance targets
What are we looking for?
- Amey will complete a DBS for you upon successful interview and prison security clearance will be required.
- Driving Licence desirable
- City & Guilds Part 2 or equivalent in Electrical Installation works
- City & Guilds 2391 Electrical Inspection and Testing
- 18th Edition
- Experience in reactive and planned electrical work
- Able to work at heights of up to 12 metres
- Able to work independently and use initiative
- Good all-round project management knowledge
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and be able to manage stakeholders at all levels
- Technical competencies
What makes this role unique?
You will test and inspect electrical installations across prison facilities in accordance with the 18th IEE wiring regulations as amended from time to time. This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
The Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Business Award
Are you under 23 years old? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be the next rising star within Amey?
Go the extra mile; gain new skills, push yourself physically, help others and explore new places. Gain friendships, experiences and memories that will last a lifetime - and have lots of fun too! The award is run over an 18-month period and there are five modules and an awards presentation included. Visit amey.co.uk/dofe for more information.