Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within the Digital Transformation Sales and Service department. You will join a software development team, where you will work in an extremely fast paced and challenging environment, developing large scale and high-volume systems at the heart of Sky's OTT platform. You will be making use of TDD and agile processes to deliver accessible and performance web applications that support Sky's OTT eCommerce and service web journeys across multiple projects supporting Now, Sky X, Sky Sports and Peacock.
What you'll do:
- Active contribution towards key design decisions and detailed design and implementation.
- Participation in all stages of the software development, from initial analysis & design to implementation and post launch support.
- Contribute to and maintain the platform on which the service runs, including the full path to production.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and perform detailed root cause analysis of issues that may occur in live systems.
- Have an appreciation of new technologies and their use in innovative teams.
- Effective communication with fellow software engineers, the project team, management, and various levels of the business to ensure the effective delivery and integration of these systems.
What you'll bring:
- Application development experience on building large scale, high volume and REST-compliant. microservices using Java in Cloud or container-based environment.
- Excellent core Java and Java 8 or Java 11 skills is a must.
- Comfortable with practices like pair programming and code review. Strong experience of pair programming is must. This will take up 90% of your role.
- Experienced in the use of http libraries for consuming http-based web services in an efficient manner
- Software engineering practices including: design patterns, unit testing with Mockito, JUnit, automated build and test systems for CI/CD (using Jenkins or similar) and TDD are a must
- Experience using GIT is a must
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world's best entertainment.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.