Senior Social Value Manager
As a Senior Social Value Manager you will be a passionate and engaging social value expert with the ability to lead and influence people at every level in the business to ensure we make social value a consideration in every decision we make.
You will have excellent project management and leadership qualities with the ability to oversee and manage the successful delivery and reporting of project specific Social Value requirements. You will also contribute strategically to the development and delivery of the business Social Value strategy and Building Lives deliverables.
The ideal candidate will provide expert support on Social Value providing competitive advantage. You will reinforce the delivery of a customer first approach and ensure projects are delivered with everything completed with pride.
You will ensure compliance of social value outcomes across all projects and will have excellent leadership qualities with the ability to inspire and manage teams in a high pressure and face-paced environment.
This position would suit someone that has experience of leading and managing social value, who can inspire at all levels and has exceptional commitment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supports work winning through bid support, innovation, customer and sector insights.
- Reinforces delivery of a customer first approach to Social Value planning and delivery across all projects.
- Ensures achievement of project and Group Social Value targets.
- Ensures internal and external compliance across all projects.
- Proactively disseminates Social Value expertise and provides leadership, guidance, and training to key people.
- Manages the marketing and communication of Social Value achievements.
- Cultivates a culture with all our people so that they understand the role they need to play in leaving a lasting legacy and harnessing their ideas into deliverables.
- Identifies networking opportunities and plays an active role in attending and presenting at an industry level to ensure we are seen to be market leaders.
- Line management and leadership of the Social Value team.
- Manages the allocation of Social Value resources.
At Willmott Dixon Interiors we look for a balance of skills and experience but just as important to us are your values and behaviours.
We are seeking someone who demonstrates leadership qualities and will embody our COR behavioural principles - having the courage to challenge yourself and others, openness to listen and truly learn from our experience and nurture meaningful relationships with our teams, customers, and communities - built on trust and mutual respect.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven track record of influencing and inspiring
- Proven track record of leading and managing teams
- Excellent written skills and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Can build lasting, long term relationships
- Can work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ideally degree educated.
- Good understanding of latest Social Value drivers, policies and delivery mechanisms.
- Knowledge of non-financial reporting frameworks and economic valuation.
- Solid administration and IT skills - Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Publisher, outlook.
Sound like you? If so, come and join our team, and become a great ambassador of our business.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
We are happy to consider flexible working.
We are a disability confident employer.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Willmott Dixon Interiors are an Investor in People Gold Award holder.
You will have a clear plan around your development. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business; our values are at the epicentre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent coupled with the right culture and values ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
We have very recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.