Software Developer C++
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Our team is growing as we continue develop new features for the Sky Q STB. This could include working on browsers and App SDKs, REST API services, Voice Search, App managers, Bluetooth devices and a variety of analytics and telemetry engines.
"This is an excellent opportunity to join a talented and growing team that delivers new features and Apps for Sky Q customers." - Steve Boardman (Head of Sky Middleware)
What you'll do:
We need to expand the team to develop new features for the Sky Q STB. This could include working on browsers and App SDKs, REST API services, Voice Search, App managers, Bluetooth devices and a variety of analytics and telemetry engines.
* Working with an experienced and talented team of Engineers.
* Enhancing browser support for Apps such as YouTube and Spotify.
* Working directly with third parties such as Netflix to integrate SDKs.
* Developing and integrating RDK Components.
* Working with the Analytics team to extend performance and quality metrics.
* Given the opportunity to propose and specify new features for the Q Products.
What you'll bring:
* Strong C / C++ (preferably C++ 11)
* Experience of Linux on an embedded platform / CE device
* A preference for software development in an Agile environment using TDD
* Work experience relating to a STB/DTV product (DVB/MPEG-2)
* Understanding of the network stack (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP 1.1), REST API, JSON and GNU toolchain (particularly make files and cross-tools)
* Knowledge of Qt
* Web Browser development (eg QtWebEngine, Blink, Chrome V8, Webkit)
* Audio/Video streaming fundamentals (eg MPEG4 / HLS / MPEG-Dash)
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to support you as much as we can with flexible shift patterns
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.