Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Our News Editors help drive the news agenda and ensure delivery of the very best content to all platforms by harnessing our newsgathering and technological resources. It's a role for an experienced multi-media news journalist with strong editorial judgement and a commitment to high quality journalism.
What you'll do:
- Support Senior News Editors in running hour by hour home news coverage throughout the UK
- On other occasions, running the News Desk alone and making key decisions about news stories and deployment.
- Supporting coverage in the field working alongside crews and Correspondents to deliver first class coverage for television and digital platforms from location.
- Working some shifts as a News Editor in Planning to lead the setting-up of the next day's news agenda and other planned coverage.
- At all times, playing a key liaison role in ensuring newsroom operations are joined up and collaborative across all platforms
What you'll bring:
- Outstanding editorial judgement and evidence of journalistic enterprise
- Demonstrable experience of news editing and editorial decision-making
- First class communication skills
- Understanding of the ever-changing media landscape and the requirements of cross-platform news delivery.
- Demonstrable ability to have and to deliver creative ideas
- Good understanding of media law and compliance issues.
Team Overview:Sky NewsSky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
The Rewards:There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:Osterley:Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Inclusion:We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Why wait?Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.