Senior Structural Engineer
Centre of Excellence for Modern Construction, Nottinghamshire - some remote working possible
For more information on our transition to new ways of working, please follow the link: https://www.laingorourke.com/thinking/transitioning-to-a-new-way-of-working/
- Do you have fundamental knowledge of structural engineering as well as a growth mentality and passion for a challenge? Then read on as this could be the perfect role for you:
Our 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing and construction at its core.
Our Structural Solutions Design team have a unique opportunity to join our Design for Manufacture & Assembly (DfMA) team where you will be involved in all Laing O'Rourke tenders and projects from concept to construction. This involves design optioneering, structural assessment and client management to help lead our structural solutions on complex and exciting projects using state-of-the-art manufacturing, digital and construction techniques.
- This role prioritises designing with sustainable and efficient Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) and focuses on structural analysis and facade engineering.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Ideally you will be degree educated to Masters level, and actively working towards Chartered or Incorporated Member of IStructE / ICE
- 5+ years' post graduate experience in the design of reinforced concrete and / or steel structures.
- Consultancy / design office experience.
Why choose us?
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email