DevOps Engineer - Flexible Working Available
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join L&Q at a very exciting time where we will invest, grow and transform our business to provide a better service to customers, old and new.
We are looking for a highly skilled DevOps Engineer; who will be able to help shape the future IT Landscape of L&Q. They will be responsible designing, developing, testing, and deploying software that enhances all aspects of business activity, from deploying patches to complex builds.
This role will report directly into an Engineering Principal with no direct reports. A DevOps Engineer will be embedded within Engineering squads, who will need to work closely with the L&Q business to ensure IT solutions meet L&Q’s goals and ambitions.
The DevOps Engineer will:
· Develop a culture of DevOps within an emerging agile environment, focusing on providing incremental value throughout all aspects of day-to-day work
· Develop robust and reliable solutions to key IT requirements as defined in by architecture and the organisation, working alongside those within the product teams
· Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the Cloud and Infrastructure Engineering team actively enabling and driving effective virtual team structures across both teams.
· Develop a key mentoring approach to work, with the focus to enable the pivot to agile ways of working in the newly formed product teams
· Proactively coach members of the software engineering community at L&Q in DevOps practices and technologies
Skills and Experience:
· Strong knowledge and insights into key DevOps and cloud concepts including CI/CD, Iaas, PaaS and SaaS with enabled multi-disciplined, cross functional capabilities.
· Ability to take ownership of features ranging from services on PaaS/IaaS, deployment automation/configuration and orchestration tooling
· Ability to build and manage various components of digital infrastructure focusing on continuous integration, test automation, automated software releases, configuration management and system management in a high availability cloud environment.
· Experience with Docker and orchestration with Kubernetes, preferably within the context of Microsoft azure
· Able to build and manage software delivery, systems integration, and tools; Robust skills and experience in source /config management, CI/CD, container tech, infrastructure toolsets – Such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes, Jenkins.
· Strong knowledge of TFS and Git.
· Data driven mindset to harness actionable metrics
· Able to help in effectively bridging the gap between Engineering and Operations, encouraging a highly collaborative one-team attitude. Willingness to engage with staff in all IT teams to promote DevOps practices and principles, willingness to share knowledge with others and contribute to building a DevOps community of practice.
· Deep experience of working agile, preferably in a scaled scrum environment
· Extensive experience working with the Microsoft technology Stack
· Experience with Docker and orchestration with Kubernetes, preferably within the context of Microsoft azure.
If you have the experience and skill set to fulfil this role, then apply without delay!
*We are a multi-site organisation, so some roles may require occasional travel between offices but expenses will be covered.
At the foundation of everything that we do are our corporate values and associated behaviours. Our organisational behavioural framework outlines the core expectations of all employees, which should be demonstrated at all times when representing L&Q. More information about L&Q’s values can be found on our website and a copy of our behavioural framework can be provided on request.
COVID 19: The safety of our staff and our candidates is of the utmost importance. Every effort will be taken to ensure that safe ways of working are adopted throughout the Recruitment and Selection process. We are introducing extra precautions in line with UK Government Guidelines. Our recruitment processes will follow social distancing and COVID-19 Secure requirements. This will include the use of various technologies to support the interview process. Should candidates have any questions regarding this, or if you require additional support please let us know at the interview planning stage.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.
L&Q is a regulated charitable housing association and one of the UK’s most successful independent social businesses. The L&Q Group houses around 250,000 people in more than 97,000 homes, primarily across London and the South East.
As a charitable organisation, our role goes beyond providing homes and housing services. We are a long-term partner in the neighbourhoods where we work. We hope to build aspiration, opportunity and confidence in our communities through our £250 million L&Q Foundation and our skills academy.
In response to the housing and affordability crisis, we will build 100,000 new homes over ten years. Of these, 60,000 homes will be built or funded by L&Q, whilst a further 40,000 will come through partnerships. Crucially, at least 50% of these new homes will be genuinely affordable, with a target of 60% in London.
Our vision is that everyone has a quality home they can afford, and we combine our social purpose with commercial drive to create homes and neighbourhoods everyone can be proud of.