Group Internal Communications & Engagement Partner
Group Internal Communications & Engagement Partner
- 99 City Rd, London, UK Full-time
- Level: Employee - Standard
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Marketing and Communications Office:
The Chief Marketing and Communications Office is accountable for marketing, communications, public relations and government affairs across the group. This critical function is focused on building the Inmarsat brand, driving marketing lead generation, communicating both internally and externally and ensuring a favourable policy environment.
Primary role purpose:
It is a very exciting time for internal communications and engagement at Inmarsat, as we drive forward an ambitious vision and strategy to transform our business to a fast growing, market-leading provider of connectivity and services in global mobility. We are on a journey to transform the way we communicate to build an engaging, open and two-way communications culture and deliver a great employee experience that supports us in achieving our ambitions.
We are a small, but dynamic group internal communications and engagement team and are looking for a highly skilled, experienced and creative Group Internal Communications and Engagement Partner to support the Internal Communications and Engagement Director. You will lead and deliver initiatives and campaigns across our global organisation that drive our business and cultural transformation. This role is influential and can have a significant impact on our business as we continue our internal communications transformation journey. For the right candidate there is the opportunity to lead and drive change in our communications and engagement culture, and to innovate and shape the agenda - a rare opportunity. The role will report to the Internal Communications and Engagement Director and will work with great autonomy and proactivity. Key relationships will include Executive and senior leaders in the business, the Chief People Office team, and of course our corporate communications and marketing team colleagues.
- Lead, plan and implement communications initiatives aligned to the internal communications strategy which drive change and transformation across our business. It will be essential to ensure clearly articulated goals, stakeholder mapping, engagement and communications plans are in place to deliver and ensure the aims of the initiatives are met on time and on budget.
- Define, lead and drive an energising editorial framework and strategy across all channels, embedding our company strategy, values and Life@Inmarsat, deep into the organisation.
- Lead and own a best-in-class approach to leadership communications which enables leaders to be great communicators with their teams. You will have accountability for our Executive communications approach and execution.
- Lead and drive communications strategic approaches based on best practice, supporting communications operational excellence and an open engaging two-way communications culture.
- Act as a trusted internal communications advisor on the full spectrum of the portfolio. You will be a key point of contact for the business providing advice and guidance on messaging, the full range of existing internal communications channels and developing new activities, processes and approaches as appropriate.
- Bring creative approaches, fresh thinking and insight to challenge our existing ways of working and processes, driving greater impact in a more efficient and effective way.
- Proactively engage with and support the upskilling of our Internal Communications Champions network and stakeholders across the organisation to fulfil agreed deliverables.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all channels and work closely with external communications teams to align internal and external messages.
- Plan, edit, write and publish content for a variety of internal communications across channels, such as our intranet, All Staff quarterly meetings, regular monthly ‘Connected Inmarsat’ newsletters, our masterclass ‘Inmarsat Insights’ series and emails, while also managing subject matter experts to provide content.
- Use a range of channels and integrated programmes to communicate with employees internally.
- Draft messages or scripts from Executives and senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form.
- Respond to feedback from employees and adjust communications content, accordingly, providing the voice of the customer back to the senior management to drive integrity and feedback loop.
- Ensure all internal communications activities are fully evaluated and support the overall communications strategy and reflect the key messages of Inmarsat.
- Proactive use of metrics and analysis to drive decision making and improvement.
- Deputise for the Director of Internal Communications and Engagement as necessary.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Significant track record of leading, devising and delivering internal communications and engagement strategies and plans, in the context of business transformation and change.
- Significant evidence of developing and delivering an internal communications plan to high standards, to a range of audiences across role levels and geographies, as well as utilising varied channels and measuring impact of initiatives on engagement.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills at Executive and senior leadership level.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills – we are small team working in a dynamic environment, so the ability to plan and organise, often to tight deadlines is essential.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills, particularly in clearly communicating the vision and key messages of programmes.
- Experience at managing conflicting requests and priorities, as well as setting and delivering to realistic deadlines.
- Creative thinking and problem solving, with the ability to translate ideas into actions and outcomes.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate, influence and manage a wide range of stakeholders.
- A proactive self-starter: able to hit the ground running and deliver from day one.
- Ability to work in ambiguity and with pace in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work autonomously, taking accountability and being proactive.
- Experience of working in a global environment an advantage.
- Experience of hands-on publishing via a range of channels including intranets, email distribution platforms, digital screens etc.
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do