To minimise the bad debt impact to the business by utilising varying systems, techniques to pro-actively secure repayments of overdue balances.
To adhere to the Collections Procedures/Guidance that has been documented In line with FCA standards, GDPR and Business Risk appetite.
Ability to identify and evaluate customers who are vulnerable due to a variety of reasons including Health to Financial Hardship. Where appropriate be able to take an informed view of that persons well being and financial position to determine their affordability and make decision to write off debt or continue to pursue.
To ensure the appropriate customer outcomes are embedded in the culture of the AA, and you work to the Insurance values of…
- Ease of Doing Business
- People 1st
What will I be doing?
- Manage outstanding debts on the Debt Collection System (Caseflow) ensuring all details are kept accurate/up-to-date, including “worklists”.
- Validation of new debt received to ensure data is correct and also that the AA is sole responsible for that debt and no other agreements with business partners mitigates our ownership of the balance.
- Cover Collections Inbound Telephone Lines to maintain business telephone standards and maximise recovery opportunities that the call presents.
- Support organised Outbound activity by participating in Dialler Campaigns at designated times as allocated by your line manager.
- Ensure all “over – payments” are resolved within calendar month of balance being in credit.
- Administer the Financial Tasks assigned to Debt Collections, which include: 6mth UDD Reclaims, Voidances, Write Up’s & General Reclaims.
- General Collections Administration to include Post Sort, Collections In Box & Cheque Keying.
- Uploading “Bad Debt” evidence to Iovation.
- Identify “Vulnerable Customers” by listening, questioning and data gathering to ensure bespoke actions/decisions taken uniquely to that customers’ needs/position.
- Update systems with latest actions and also specific categories if a vulnerable customer.
- Engagement with external Financial Support Services who will be managing customers finances due to Hardship/Difficulty. Negotiating suitable repayment plans considering both the customer and business needs.
- Either at mid or end process, make a balanced decision on whether debt is either economical or justified (considering any vulnerability) to proceed for collection.
- Monthly run of the CAIS report for update to Experian of debtor listings.
- Assist Finance in Month End reconciliation.
What do I need?
- Negotiation, influencing and persuasion skills.
- Communication skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively over the telephone and in writing.
- A good standard of computer literacy.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work without constant supervision.
- Financial awareness.
- A customer service focused approach and the ability to build a rapport with customers and internal contacts.
- The ability to work under pressure in an unscripted environment.
- Organisational skills.
- Awareness of AA Products
- Computer Literacy
- Keyboard Skills
- Awareness of FCA and Vulnerability Policy.
- Confidence to make decisions and debt that can go up £70K
- Fathom/Iovation/Tracesmart /Tiara/Xero Systems
We are a business with an increasingly agile way of working and support a flexible working approach to this role. If this is something you would like to explore please just let us know.
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
Here at the AA we understand diversity and value the difference this brings to our culture and our customers. We actively seek people from diverse backgrounds to join us and become part of an inclusive company where you can be yourself, you are empowered to be your best and feel like you truly belong.
We hope to hear from you soon. #HeadOffice