Job title: Software Engineer
Location: Manchester city centre (opposite Piccadilly Gardens) On return to the office, we'll be looking to work hybrid way with 1-2 days per week from home and from the office approx. 2-3 days per week (dependent on the week). We're happy to offer flexible work schedules, for example start and finish times, or compressed hours!
We're on a journey to build the bank of the future, and we need your help. We're continuing our extensive transformation Programme, redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Become part of our diverse team where you'll impact the lives of more than 26 million customers through brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland, and Scottish Widows.
About the role
As a Software Engineer on the Desktop Feature team, you'll play a key role in the future of Lloyds Banking Group Desktop product development - contributing to the way we design, build, test and deploy using cutting-edge technology. We're a dynamic team of engineers with a passion for what we do and to help shape the future of how we interact with our customers.
The skills and background experience you'll need to apply
- Experience working with numerous npm packages and frameworks e.g., materialUI
- Proven experience of DevOps toolchains and container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Istio), cloud technologies (GCP, ICP, Azure)
- Significant full-stack experience and be flexible enough to work on front end or back-end tasks
- Experience building well tested applications that remain easy to maintain as the codebase and business continues to scale.
Desirable skills and background
- Experience of agile development practices, continuous integration, and test automation
- Proven experience in software is built in a way that is consistent with the standards, frameworks, patterns, and practices that exist across the wider engineering community
- Understand GIT, source code management and managing change.
- Experience in design low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
You'll also work well as part of a team with a keen interest in developing your own skills in a supportive environment.
Why join us?
We offer a fantastic salary and benefits package consists of:
- Base salary £33, 993 - £44, 130
- Generous employer pension contribution up to 15%
- 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash-sum paid with salary)
- 28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
- Discretionary variable annual performance bonus
- Private Medical health cover, share schemes and access to staff discounts!
We'll provide you with a diverse, energising, and informal environment that focuses on equal opportunity and supports career progression. We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a positive difference to the overall teams' mission. We also ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We're proud to have received the following industry recognition
'Stonewall Top Private Sector Employer', 'Top10 Employer for Working Families', 'The Times Top 50 Employer for Women', 'Gold Standard' and "Best Workplace Adjustments Process" from the Business Disability Forum - each demonstrating our dedication to the principles of agile working and inclusion for all.
Does this sound like a great fit, if so, we look forward to hearing from you!