Assistant Project Manager.
Main purpose of role
To support the delivery of a programme of Additional Works (Projects) for area of remit, ensuring a high quality output and that all works are delivered on time and within budget. The projects managed will be within estate management and will vary from low value repair/maintenance projects to medium/high value construction projects.
- Support the Project Management Team in overseeing of the effective, compliant and timely delivery of Additional Works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Manage your projects from development of scope with client, through feasibility/options, through to quotation stage with contractors to client approval to Work in Progress (WiP) stage through to completion & handover.
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard.
- Confer with local Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) representatives, the Local Customer Service Representative and the relevant Amey Site Manager to agree scope & priorities of Additional Works on a regular basis.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Amey Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan and the Legionella management plan.
- Coordinate project meetings, record and follow-up resulting actions, update and amend project logs on the CMS portal.
- Be responsible, directly and/or indirectly, for conducting post implementation reviews and audits in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Negotiate with and positively influencing customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Act decisively to rectify any adverse circumstances that threaten the delivery of the agreed programme.
- Establish and actively manage client and stakeholder relationships.
- Manage the production and storage of project documentation in order to effectively document, manage, monitor and report on allocated projects.
- Complete regular case studies of projects that have been successfully delivered by the Amey Projects team, work with the project PM to gather the details & produce the case study.
- Liaise with the PM's to complete weekly project update reports via Excel to update the client & other Amey teams on progress of the Additional Works projects
- Working closely with the Project Managers and helping them out when required, (e.g. with escorting, uploading documents onto CMS, other admin tasks)
- Complete internal Amey training to become a security verifier and manage the new security applications on behalf of the projects team.
- Undertake any other reasonable task as requested.
- Support management in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements to resolve end user issues.
- Understand operational priorities of the Head of Establishment, develop and maintain close working and effective relationships with local DIO and end users to pro-actively support estate activities and provide professional and technical advice as required.
- Support end users in the development of new work requirements and the provision of formal Additional Works project submissions.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Liaise with the local Amey Operations team to ensure site knowledge and on-going maintenance requirements are fully incorporated in the planning and delivery of Additional Works.
- Able to work flexible (sometimes long) hours to meet project requirements.
- Able to travel locally to different sites within area of remit.
- A high level of expertise in the use of software applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Project and MS Visio.
- Good understanding of project management terminology.
- Basic Financial and Commercial terminology.
- Able to successfully set-up and run a project files.
Skills & Experience Profile
Demonstrable experience of supervising staff in Project Management including:
· Supporting an operational team to achieve KPIs
· Stakeholder management
· Management of costs
· Planning, directing and controlling activities
· Management of Safe Systems of Work
Experience of supervising site operations, including:
· Planning, directing and controlling activities
· Agreeing scope and priorities of work
· Proactive performance management
· Ability to solve problems and make decisions
· Experience in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
· Experience of operating in an MOD environment
· Good working knowledge of CDM regulations
· Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, energy performance, Sustainability etc.
· NEC3 contract requirements
· Familiarity with geography and establishments within area of responsibility
Training & Qualifications
· Technical/Construction related Level 3 Qualification (A-Level equivalent)
· Experience of working to CDM regulation
· Good understanding of Health & Safety within construction
· Developed IT skills (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word etc.)
· Continuing Professional Development
· Project Management Qualification or associate member of a relevant professional body (e.g. APM)
· Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
· Accredited training qualification in Asbestos Responsible Person, Legionella Responsible Person, Authorised Person Training
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.