About the opportunity
Amey provides facilities and estate management services covering 40 sites for Highways England including offices, regional operational centres, traffic officer outstations and one highway maintenance depot.
We deliver planned and reactive maintenance, project and asset management and essential services like cleaning, we help keep the sites we maintain, safe, clean and complaint.
Based at our site in Godstone, you will carry out a range of daily duties which facilitate the smooth running of the premises, providing support for a safe and efficient operation whilst ensuring all customer requirements are met. You will undertake duties relating to the operation of buildings and surrounding grounds in line with key SLA and KPI's, ensuring minimal disruption to the daily activities of establishment users on the Highways England Total Facilities Management contract
We have 2 x full-time permanent positions based in Godstone, Surrey, RH9 8BQ.
Shift pattern will include 4 on 4 off (average 42 hour week)
- 2 x day shift 7am - 7pm
We are offering a salary of £21,000 per annum plus a range of Amey benefits for this role.
Security Clearance will be undertaken for the successful applicant.
What will this role involve?
- Liaison with key stakeholders in order to programme support tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ensure premises are opened and secured with agreed procedures
- Provide first line response to reactive events
- Coordination of access for 3rd parties
- Ensure premises are maintained in a safe and secure manner
- Porterage and logistic support services as required - ordering, distribution and storage of materials
- Mail distribution
- General security services, including management of CCTV and alarm systems
- Furniture re-organisation
- Helpdesk logging and closing down jobs
- Building and ground maintenance
- Undertake Statuary Inspections including but not limited to emergency lighting (Inspections), fire alarms (inspections & reset of equipment) and legionella cleaning of showerheads on a regular basis & recording water temperature
- React to and execute immediately any general repairs and maintenance duties as required or requested to undertake
- Undertake cleaning duties as and when required and in accordance with health and safety and cleaning best practice
- Responsibility for preparation of paperwork, timesheets, overtime where required
- Undertake reception service duties as required where no permanent reception role exists on site.
- Set and unset intruder alarm systems in building where required at start and end of building opening hours
What are we looking for?
- Experience of building maintenance, handyman security or janitorial duties
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
- Good customer relationship skills demonstrable by experience
- Keyboard skills and basic computer literacy
- A team player but able to work under own initiative and able to escalate matters out of own limitations
- Good communications skills
- A desire to develop and undertake training as and when required.
- Customer focused
- Presentable and approachable, with a 'can-do' attitude.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.