Are you interested in playing a crucial part in supporting the education of the next generation? An excellent opportunity to contribute to your community by keeping schools clean and ensuring students are safe.
School Location: Netherwood Academy, Dove Valley Way, Wombwell, Barnsley, S73 8FE
Hours Per Week: 10
Shift Pattern Monday-Friday 15:00pm-17:00pm
Salary: £9.50 Per Hour
What is the purpose of this role?
To provide a cleaning service that meets our contractual commitments, to include but not limited to tasks such as vacuuming, dusting, emptying bins, toilet cleaning, mopping. In line with the Amey way task system. Following best practice and health and safety regulations.
What will this involve?
- You will be responsible for the school's classrooms, meeting rooms, assembly hall and office.
- Ensuring that areas are cleaned to the highest standards at all times
- Equipment are maintained and stored correctly
- Always keeping in line with and health and safety regulations.
- To deliver defined and non-specific tasks
- Undertake role in a professional and safe manner at all times
- Work according to best practice guidelines I.E. ensuring the correct use of colour coded equipment
- Comply with Internal and External HSEQ requirements RAMs and COSHH
- Provide a cleaning service that delivers to our client contractual requirements
- Use of Amey approved chemicals, machinery and consumables only
- Operate machinery safely and in line with the guidelines and training provided
- To deliver good customer engagement ensuring client satisfaction
- To report any concerns or issues to the supervisor immediately for action e.g. broken equipment
- Ensure that all duties are completed within the time provided to the Amey defined standards
- On occasion you may be required to carry out deep cleaning activity, use of larger cleaning equipment may be required
- Carry out any other reasonable requests as directed by your line manager
What are we looking for?
- Must have cleaning experience, preferably within a school or commercial background
- Have good attention to detail
- Be able to work independently and use own initiative
- Demonstrate a reliable and responsible approach
- Welcome the opportunity to learn and support others
- A team member
Amey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to demonstrate this commitment in every aspect of their work. You will be required to undergo our enhanced DBS check before commencing employment - please let us know upfront on any queries should you have any.
What makes this role unique?
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
The Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Business Award
Are you under 23 years old? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be the next rising star within Amey?
Go the extra mile; gain new skills, push yourself physically, help others and explore new places. Gain friendships, experiences and memories that will last a lifetime - and have lots of fun too! The award is run over an 18-month period and there are five modules and an awards presentation included. Visit amey.co.uk/dofe for more information