EU Product Lead
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"Group Product is the team that brings new and exciting products like our award-winning sky q set-top box, to our customers across 5 countries. It's a genuine team effort. That's why we want talented people like you, to join us and make the future happen. We value diversity of thought and opinion, have a supportive and inclusive culture, and nurture a spirit of continuous improvement as we strive to make things better for our customers."
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As a Product Lead in this team, you will gain exposure to some of the most exciting projects we've ever worked on. You will be taking these projects and launching them into our European territories. You will be comfortable working in a highly matrixed approach ensuring that your communication and stakeholder management is of the highest standards. You will:
- Never settle for the status quo and take long term ownership of a specific set of features and/or functionality, continually assessing strengths and defining areas to improve with the use of measurable product principles and OKRs
- Understand competing markets, products and the views, and wants, of our customers in crowded and fast-moving markets.
- Work closely with the UX and UI teams to bring these journeys to life in simple yet innovate ways that create a first-in-class customer experience.
- Collaborate with other key business areas including Propositions, Content Engagement, Technology and Delivery teams in order to develop, launch and support features that will improve the product experience.
- Make excellent judgements on when to align with the global product and when to accommodate territory requirements and be able to communicate these recommendations clearly setting out the reasons for the recommendation.
- Please note, when travel is allowed, some travel to Europe may be required for this role!
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- An entrepreneurial spirit! You will need to be a self-motivated, dedicated, quick learner who is ambitious and able to work both independently and within a team.
- A love for problem solving and making the complex, simple. You'll enjoy making even the most simple /mundane of tasks into an effortless and enjoyable experience as much as you enjoy blue sky thinking and driving the experience forwards.
- Organisational skills in abundance and be able to clearly plan your way through from the start of a concept to resolution.
- Great communication skills and be able convey your ideas effectively and efficiently.
- A demonstrable ability to collaborate and influence multiple partners gaining alignment and sign-off as and when appropriate.
- Experience working with and influencing Technology, Design and UX/UI teams.
- A proven track record in delivering and managing complex products.
- Experience, and understanding, of optimising products through testing and analysis, including AB testing, qualitative and quantitative customer research, data mining and web analytics.
Group Product: We're the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we're collaborative, empowered and innovative - together, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.