Senior Developer / Principal Developer - remote working)
Willmott Dixon are recruiting for a Development Principal. This role will provide technical leadership on software development and lead on solution design and implementation. Willmott Dixon has been on a transformational journey over the last few years.
There has been a massive cultural shift towards agile and remote working. Our business has not only adopted but, fully embraced new ways of working to strike a great work-life balance! This role can be done remotely but may require a presence at our head office in Letchworth Garden City occasionally according to business requirements.
We are making a massive investment in Microsoft technologies. Our adoption of Azure services is providing an extensive pool of the latest development technologies for our teams. Microsoft Power Platform is creating waves in our business. We have just started a multi-phased programme to move to a Dynamics 365 platform - there are exciting times ahead! If you want to know more, we can discuss it in your interview!
If you aspire to work in an environment driven by the below human values and behaviours, Willmott Dixon is the place for you!
* Genuine and friendly
* Innovative and keen to improve
* Responsive to customer needs
And let's not forget about our benefits package. We would recommend asking about Willmott Dixon's Car Scheme and incentive scheme!!
Now let's talk about the role - you will be required to:
*Drive technical roadmaps for applications in alignment to business objectives
*Perform the role of Scrum Master
*Lead on analysis and produce technical solution designs
*Convert business requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria
*Mentor team members
*Lead continuous improvement on efficiency and quality, technology and tooling
*Enjoy the joys of hands-on development
Skills required (If you are missing some of them, we can create tailored training training plans and have access to extensive training resources!):
* Design and development of web applications utilising Asp.net, Dot Net core, Azure services, C#, Angular, MS SQL and Azure DevOps.
* Power Apps and Power Automate development.
* D365 F&O and CE development.
* Test Driven Development
* Microsoft certification in the required skill-sets.
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent work experience)
* ITIL Foundation
Genuine and Friendly
* show kindness by respecting and caring for each other
* are not afraid to make mistakes and accept that sometimes we get things wrong
* are open to feedback, opinions and ideas
* change "No, but…" to "Yes, if…"
* challenge ways of working that are not meeting our customers' needs
* seek to change scope & timescales to customers' needs
* take a bigger picture overview
* keep it simple
* take the time to explain issues
* speak plainly and avoid using jargon
* try to listen and understand
Innovative & keen to improve
* take leaps of faith without fear of failure
* listen to all ideas with an open mind
* are curious and experimental
* seek feedback from our customers in order to learn and improve
* set time aside to be creative
Responsive to customer needs
* respond quickly and expect appropriate expectations
* Listen to what our colleagues and customers have to say
* try to understand our customers' point of view
* proactively keep people updated
Fun * take time to have fun
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer. Benefits: In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
With nearly 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.