What is the purpose of the role?
We are currently expanding our team at our Milton Keynes Site and require Senior Mechanical Technicians with experience in either the Energy from Waste, Petrochemical or Power sectors. Ideal candidates with have significant experience working within one of the following areas:
- Steam valve overhaul/maintenance
- Steam turbines
- Hydraulic system overhaul/maintenance
- Gas Engines
The Mechanical Technician shall support the Lead Mechanical Engineer in maintaining services, plant and apparatus within our Advanced Thermal Treatment Plant.
You will be working on a 4 on 4 off basis and will be working a rotation of both day and nights (5am - 5pm OR 5pm - 5am)
What will this role involve?
- Help to maintain standards as set out in the KPI's
- Communicate problems and concerns promptly through line management or the CMMS ensuring quick resolution
- Ensure the health, safety and security of staff, customers, premises and equipment by encouraging and monitoring best practices always
- Comply with all Health and Safety Legislation
- Ensure all legislative requirements are adhered to
- Always undertake role in a professional and safe manner
- Carry out team briefings and tool box talks
- Perform PPM checks, inspections and reports in an efficient and prompt manner
- Experience in working with a Computerised Maintenance Management or willing to undertake training at a level applicable to role.
- Good understanding of proactive maintenance strategy and condition monitoring.
- Experience of carrying out mechanical maintenance.
- Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions and perform at their best, improve performance and realise their full potential.
What are we looking for?
- IOSH qualification
- CSE/GCSE equivalent
- EFW Maintenance experience of 3 or more years
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding and writing of SSoW and Risk Assessments
- Work within a Permit to work system
- Specialist proven skills in one of the following Coded Welding, Pressure Vessels, Combined Heat and Power Gas Systems maintenance and servicing , Steam Turbine maintenance and servicing, Steam Valves.
- Previous experience of working within the role required.
- Experience maintaining EFW plants
- Experience supervising a working party under SSoW and RA.
The waste treatment division is separating out from Amey and creating a new Stand-alone business entity in the UK. You will be joining us at such an exciting time and help shape the future of the new business. Within Waste Treatment, we use state-of-the-art technology to make the most of rubbish and reduce the amount being sent to landfill. From recycling materials; composting; and mechanical biological treatment to energy from waste (EfW) facilities creating better environments. Our three treatment facilities in Milton Keynes, North Yorkshire and the Isle of Wight will between them, create enough energy to power the equivalent of 60,000 homes when they are all fully operational. Both Milton Keynes and North Yorkshire bring together three different technologies on one site - mechanical treatment, anaerobic digestion and EfW. This allows us to extract any organic and recyclable materials (such as plastic and metals) which have been placed in with general, non-recyclable waste before using the rest to create energy. In Cambridgeshire we offer a range of treatment capabilities from our 400-acre Waterbeach Waste Management Park, providing services as part of partnerships with local authorities and directly for businesses and residents.