Python Automation Engineer
We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Cyber Fusion Centre (CFC) team, who are a team of security professionals working hard to proactively to protect Sky from cyber related threats.
What you'll do
- Develop, clean, reuse, and modulate code in Python for our cyber security automation services (SOAR Tooling)
- Build, implement, and refine Playbooks that enhance, automate or augment L1, L2 and L3 tasks within the Sky Cyber Security Team
- Work closely with experienced platform engineers to improve upon existing playbooks and automations to ensure optimal platform performance.
- Review L1, L2 and L3 SOC activities with a view to automate, enhance or augment human capability where possible.
- Document your work and carefully and articulately
What we look for:
- Proficient in scripting / coding with Python / NodeJS / Java
- Technical Hands on with SOAR market leaders (Phantom, XSOAR, Siemplify) highly desirable
- Good understanding of REST API's and the Django Framework
- Experience with source control repository (Preferably GIT)
- Experience with AWS and Google cloud computing services and Microservices architecture
- Ability to carefully document your work so others in the team can easily understand and build upon it.
- Openness to help teammates grow and achieve their goals
Strategy & Security: We play an important role in creating a cohesive tech strategy across all of our teams - uniting our tech teams to work towards clear and common goals. Behind the scenes, we're protecting our business and our customers from cyber threats. Join a team that's kickstarting and leading mission-critical work across Sky.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experience
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.