Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security and Group IT
Primary role purpose:
The role is to ensure the enterprise network and voice solutions are designed, planned, implemented and then operationally supported to ensure the best service and availability to internal and external Inmarsat customers. The role will require strong stakeholder engagement working with multiple teams, architecture designs and security requirements to deliver at the highest quality. Continually review industry and market trends and the Inmarsat needs.
The role will identify and help define necessary Infrastructure led change to keep the corporate network and voice services up to date and ensure benefits are realised. The role will also be expected to proactively identify and adopt automation throughout the IT Operations space and look to identify solutions and service capabilities to help drive a transformation culture.
- Analyse any new requirements from various stakeholder groups and provide a design framework to ensure the new requirements can be incorporated to the design for projects, tasks and network related activities
- Design and implement Palo Alto next-generation firewalls into existing and new networks utilising IPS threat detection and utilise identity-based firewall rulesets where applicable
- Design and support of Cisco Viptella SD-WAN devices to provide end to end connectivity for our corporate users
- Support of Inmarsat’s wireless networks delivering Corporate, BYOD, and Guest wireless networks utilising Cisco ISE. This includes day to day support, administration and upgrades to Cisco WLCs and Cisco ISE
- Utilise cloud networking technology to provide access and security controls for Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud.
- Day to day support of the Corporate network, ServiceNow triage and handling of incidents and requests, monitoring, documentation and working closely with the Cyber Security team
- Review the feasibility of new and existing IT projects, taking into account Inmarsat’s “cloud first” approach
- Produce and/or endorse network standards
- Write technical and business documentation
- Responsible for third-line network troubleshooting and support of network services. General support of existing systems, satisfying ad-hoc queries, troubleshooting, fixing general problems related to:
- Liaising with Cyber Security team on reporting on network and security advisories
- WAN and LAN configuration
- Network security
- Responsible for resolution of ServiceNow incidents and liaising with other teams for their successful completion; escalation/allocation of tickets to team members and other teams
- Project support for the corporate network team supporting projects such as DCaaS, Cloud, network infrastructure replacements such as switches, firewalls, routers ensuring associated documentation and network diagrams are maintained and updated
- Setting up test configurations
- Maintain and update as needed
- CMDB network inventory
- IP addressing
- Network documentation and procedures
- General systems management tasks as and when required
- Equipment configuration maintenance, you will be required to carry out out of hours maintenance
- Network infrastructure replacements such as switches, firewalls, routers, including configuration and patching of any new hardware
- Experience on working with office refurbishment projects
Knowledge & Experience:
- University degree or college diploma in Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- Qualified to at least CCNP
- Palo Alto – Design/installation & administration. Experience of deploying firewall rules based on user identity. An advanced level of knowledge is required
- Cisco ASA/FTD – Design/installation and administration – Experience of Cisco FirePower services and NGIPS. An advanced level of knowledge is required
- Proven experience in providing cloud networking connectivity/controls using AWS, GCP, Azure or OCI.
- Expert in network security, building, configuring and troubleshooting SSL/IPSec VPNs
- Experienced in designing, implementing and operating corporate networks specialising in the security side
- Expert in designing networks and integration of systems across a WAN, especially SD-WAN networks.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and monitoring secure networks
- Experience of working with Cisco Nexus platforms is a must
- Advanced level of experience of Secure Web Gateway systems
- Experience of Cisco wireless networks, and integration with Cisco ISE for 802.1x authentication
- Has previous successful experience of implementing networks starting from user requirements
- Experienced in installing monitoring tools for the network, preferably StableNet
- Experience in Algosec security policy management
- Expert in Cisco ASA/IPS/IDS, routers and switches including experience of Cisco IOS upgrades
- Knowledge of WAN Acceleration Systems, ideally Riverbed
- Experience of IP address management
- Generally proficient in Windows and Linux
- Fluent with Microsoft Office components especially Visio
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do