Main function of the job
- To provide a first class (timely, accurate and customer focused), Payroll, Time and Benefits support service by living our values Integrity, Courage and Passion.
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of a timely, accurate and effective monthly payroll process, ensuring the payroll system and relevant interfaces are kept up to date with employee or structural changes.
- Prepare monthly payroll up to sign off and liaise with outsourced payroll company,
- Development and maintenance of payroll process documentation
- Monthly Payroll Administration which includes benefits administration and finance reporting
- Be the administrative point of contact for external providers, such as benefits providers.
- Collation and processing of yearly P11D documentation
- Liaise with external tax advisors to provide relevant information for compensation requests, NIC/tax advice and tax returns.
- Manage team mailbox and Service NOW system. Be the main point of contact for queries on Payroll, Time and Benefits policies and procedures. Advise on these processes ensuring adherence and provide an excellent service in timely manner.
- Administration of processes concerning leave such as maternity leave, sick leave, paternity leave, parental leave, etc. Performing the related payroll and time management system administration and keeping contact with and providing information to employees.
- Regularly review, evaluate and develop administration processes to ensure that these are efficient, meet the needs of the business and are legally compliant with equal and fair treatment of individuals yet provide flexibility when required
- Management of the Time Management System
- Maintain COREMAP compliant documentation in compliance with the Company’s retention policy.
- Ensures compliance of all People and Culture practices within area of responsibility with Group P&C and with legislative and regulatory, requirements, standards and other known relevant policies and guidelines
- Take an active role in roll out of various P&C and Business projects.
- To take on any other responsibilities or tasks whenever reasonably instructed.
- Take personal responsibility for maintaining high ethical standards and operating in compliance with local and global Roche policies, the Roche Group Code of Conduct and Quality Management System.
- Support with the global annual performance management and compensation cycle, acting as main point of contact for system
Skills, knowledge and experience
- A proactive, independent self-starter, who thrives on using their own initiative and holding individual responsibility
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including communication, influencing, negotiation, relationship building
- Outstanding customer service skills, a positive attitude, and ability to work in a team environment
- Innovative and able to find creative solutions to complex problems
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously
- Ability to manage shifting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Solutions-oriented and continuously striving to find new and better ways to do things
- High degree of integrity
- Excellent attention to detail
- You bring the following qualifications:
- Ideally dPegree educated or equivalent experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience of payroll administration is essential
- Experience of working in highly confidential environments whilst remaining diligent, accurate and driven to protect the company against risk by following global and local procedures
- Experience of working in a global matrix environment - desirable
- Knowledge/Experience of HR Workday or Service Now systems beneficial
Who you are
- You are a service and customer-oriented person, who will display the following behaviors and qualities:
- Solid communication skills
- Accountability, accuracy and ability to work to meet deadlines
- Solid numerical skills