Product support: Workflow & IT Solutions - Nationwide
Are you a biomedical scientist (BMS) or IT Specialist looking for a challenging career move?
Do you have a strong interest in supporting pathology IT solutions?
Does a rewarding career with a progressive, high-tech business, excite you?
Due to business expansion, we are currently recruiting for a field based IT Product Specialist within the Workflow & IT (WF+IT) Solutions team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team that are delivering IT Laboratory and point of care solutions as part of our Technical Services Department.
The WF+IT team are responsible for customer IT solutions covering all business areas from Centralised Solutions with cobas IT middleware and cobas Infinity, through to Point of Care IT solutions including cobas IT 1000 and POC Mobile cloud based solutions. Paramount to delivery of these systems will be patient data integrity and all necessary information security management aspects.
As a field based IT Product Specialist you will be responsible for Roche IT solution delivery at customer sites across the UK, and other supported territories as required. At a practical level, you’ll be responsible for co-ordinating software/hardware upgrades and be involved in site system design and implementations with colleagues in the field as the need arises. Working with colleagues in the Sales & Marketing teams, you’ll also assist on tender submissions and product demonstrations and liaise confidently with third party companies to support the optimal Managed Laboratory Services provision.
Educated to degree or equivalent in biomedical science or other science subjects, you will have started your career as a biomedical scientist in a modern pathology laboratory in the UK or Ireland.
You will possess a strong understanding of pathology practices and have a track record in automated lab pathology systems and associated data management systems.
With proven troubleshooting skills and a passion for customer service, you’ll combine a flexible, empathetic style with the determination to see issues through to a successful constructive resolution.
An effective communicator, you’ll deal comfortably with people both face-to-face and by telephone and be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers. It’s important that you can put over complex ideas clearly and concisely and be able to operate well in a team environment.
Specifically you will be able to demonstrate the following technical skills:
- Familiarity with Roche products and instrumentation; in particular experience of Roche Clinical Chemistry and Immuno-assay analysers (Roche Modular, Cobas 6000, Cobas 8000)
- Knowledge of laboratory IT solutions (e.g. LIMS, Middleware solutions, POC Middleware solutions)
- Experience of training healthcare professionals
- Experience of implementing good laboratory practice
In addition the following would be desirable but not essential:
- Configuration & installation/optimisation of workflows within a pathology laboratory
- Applied knowledge & troubleshooting expertise in the commonly used interfacing protocols - ASTM, HL7 and ADT communication (Admission, Discharge and Transfer)
- Sound practice of LAN Network troubleshooting (TCP/IP & FTP) using standard diagnostics tools
- Good understanding of security and data protection (including WIFI and firewall rules)
Investing in you
Roche is a company that not only invests in its business – over £6.5 billion in R&D worldwide, including £460 million in the UK alone last year – but equally importantly in its people.
What this means for you is, not only a competitive salary and benefits package, but also a recognised IT product training programme and continuous support to build on your knowledge, skills and potential, helping you prepare for the exciting opportunities for further career development. All of which has gained Roche 2017 Top Employer status in the UK and Europe.