Would you like to you develop systems to operate from the Stratosphere and create systems that can allow a user to securely browse the internet from a secret network? You will be working as part of a team, integrating leading edge technologies to provide our military services with an advantage.
If any of those grab your attention, how would you like to work for a business: -
- That is committed to making the workplace agile and flexible to meet the diverse needs of our customers
- Where high standards of work are expected and encouraged
- Where people are understood and valued
- Where you can develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business.
We are looking for a number of junior engineers (graduates,) potentially with a few years' experience to work in a team environment across the full engineering lifecycle. This role can provide you with the opportunity to continuously develop your skillset and progress through BAE Systems.
Your main responsibilities as a Junior Engineer will involve:
- Requirements management
- Support the production of design specifications that meet the requirements;
- Researching current vendors and technologies and identifying where they may be incorporated into our future solutions and services;
- Supplier liaison - raising requests and support
- System Integration, through life support and Test activities (functional and environmental)
- Liaise with team members to turn Hardware/Software design specifications into tangible supportable solutions
- Provide critical feedback to continually improve and maintain extant and development solutions
- Hardware assembly and installation
Your skills and qualifications:
Having experience in some of the following would be an advantage:
- The administration and integration of COTS hardware/software
- Virtualisation and networking
- Cyber security within IT environments
- Radio frequency engineering/physics
- Systems integration for UAVs
- Management/control systems
- Networks and security
- DOORS requirements management tool
- Configuration management
- Technical documentation
- Python, Java or other scripting/coding languages
- 3D CAD Design
- Modelling and simulation
- Enterprise architecting and MOOD
Preferably you will have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject (although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements).
What we're looking for in you:
You should have a can-do attitude and a passion for technology and experimentation, with the appreciation systems engineering from of the development lifecycles, from design through to implementation. You should be organised and have good time management, and also feel comfortable taking responsibility for delivery and deliver within agreed budgets and timescales.
You enjoy working as part of a fast paced and dynamic team, and want to drive improvement, as well as embracing learning with the potential to take on increased responsibility and progress within the organisation. There may be occasional domestic travel may be required with the potential for travel internationally.
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
At BAE Systems we are committed to supporting work life balance for all our employees and embrace a range of modern working practices, which aim to enhance flexibility for individuals whilst also enabling business performance. Flexibility provisions vary by role, but include; hybrid working arrangements, flexible working patterns and shift working.
BAE Systems Air
From keeping soldiers, sailors and pilots safe to helping countries prosper, from developing the next generation of supersonic aircraft to investing in the next generation of super-smart talent - at BAE Systems, we work together to give our customers an essential edge in protecting the things that really matter. Lives, livelihoods, ways of life.
As part of our Air team, you could be working at the edge of what is technologically possible, shaping the future to ensure our customers are ready to face challenges we cannot even imagine today. You could be developing and evolving the technologies that will defend the UK for generations to come and supporting our customers around the globe.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.
For more information on our Diversity & Inclusion work, please click here.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.