The Design & Store Environment teams are central to creating a consistent look and feel for our brand globally – from our retail environments and in-store marketing communications to our product and packaging designs. They create world class international stores that constantly evolve store environments, new store concepts and initiatives that grow our UK and International estate together with market leading product ranges, that are updated each season.
We have seen considerable growth in this area and our desire is to increase the volume and speed-to-market even more – with an emphasis on innovative design. Due to this continued growth we’re looking for a talented 3D Store Designer to join our Head Office in Swindon on a permanent basis who will be responsible for creating compelling 3D rendered visuals of store environments from fixture level upwards for our established High Street business and fast growing International and Travel businesses for new business tenders and store re-fits.
What you’ll do
• Create and develop innovative store environments that secure new locations globally
• Build retail environments form 2D layouts into impactful 3D representations of new store initiatives
• Liaise closely with our construction, Product and Packaging and and in-house design teams
• Maintain a high level of quality design across the WHSmith brands
• Attend industry exhibits to keep our store offering ahead of competitors for new business tenders
• Keep abreast of market changes and challenges
Who we’re looking for
• Previous experience within a Retail or FMCG business highly desirable
• Previous knowledge of retail fit outs or construction
• A passion for 3D design and rendering with energy to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Previous experience of 3D Studio Max required
• Awareness of the 3D design market and ability to keep up with competitors and current trends.
• A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
• Good communication skills
• Excellent time management skills and working to tight deadlines
What’s in it for you?
We’re a company that values our people; from day one you will receive ongoing support and have access to our various training and development programmes as well as exciting career development opportunities for your future. We offer a wide range of benefits to say thank you for all your hard work including; a competitive salary, a profit related bonus, 24 days holiday plus your birthday off, pension, as well as other perks such as our popular holiday trading scheme and a 4pm finish on a Friday!