Senior Credit Controller
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Finance Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Finance Office (CFO) processes millions of transactions a month that enable us to interact efficiently with our suppliers, customers, trading partners and regulators. We make sure that the Company is properly funded and well controlled, that our taxes are paid and that shareholders and banks continue to support our plans. Our commercial teams help ensure that the business takes sound decisions through robust planning, careful pricing, sound contracts, skilled procurement and rigorous evaluation of every major business decision.
Primary role purpose:
The primary objective of a Senior Credit Controller is to take full responsibility and management of a portfolio of key customers with the purpose of maximising the debtor cash collection performance, and reduce overdue debt whilst minimising any risk of late payment and bad debt. This role works closely with their peers and cross - functional departments. As well as offering continuous support to more junior staff within the team, fostering teamwork, and providing cover as & when required.
The role provides credit control services to one or more Business Units, working closely with key sales representatives to support the financial objectives to maximise performance of the working capital, reduce and maintain overdue debt at acceptable levels and minimise each business unit bad debt and provisions. The position will challenge the status quo and influence the Customer and Sales team, whilst maintaining excellent working relationships with both internal and external customers whilst adhering to standard processes, procedures and policies.
- Ability to foster effective team-work between the team and cross functional teams
- Identify, assess and inform direct and business management of internal and external issues that impact performance
- Take full and active ownership, providing subject matter expertise of ad hoc projects as & when required
- Advocate of change, in an ever changing and demanding environment
- Actively participate in regular team meetings, providing examples, suggestions and general insight to rest of the team
- Take full ownership of and responsibility for a portfolio of high value key customers, managing the full collection cycle including payment plans, stop supplies, dispute management and ensuring customer accounts are fully reconciled
- Apply time management techniques to ensure daily activities are achieved, improving own and rest of team’s performance which is aligned to achieving goals and targets
- Ensure activities are targeted at maximising cash collection and reducing overdue debt
- Work with cross functions and key account managers within the business to ensure invoice disputes are proactively recorded and resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure the day to day activities conform to company policies and internal control procedures
- Provide team and business with direct contact point for key customers
- Ensure all activities are performed, including reporting and business reviews in line with service level agreements and the month end timetable
- Ensure regular meetings are diarised and performed with key account managers and cross functions to review debtors and disputes, keeping parties informed of initiatives, issues as well as progress
- Provide insight and recommendations for customers within the debtor portfolio, to support the credit assessment process
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve goals, resolve problems, promote and implement solutions that enhance cross functional relationships and team performance
- Excellent ability to set priorities to filter urgent and non-urgent issues in a high paced and demanding environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in a thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective tools and techniques
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are aligned with best practice and business requirements
- Ability to drive continuous process and performance improvements for Inmarsat Group’s debtors’ ledger, covering both distributors and end users
- Self-motivated and results driven, deploying effective tools & techniques
- Excellent team player, supporting and fostering teamwork
- Excellent customer and cross functional engagement skills, influencing at all levels to achieve goals
- Energetic approach and passion for delivering quality results supporting the Credit & Collection functions overall performance.
- Credit Control or other relevant operational experience, ideally with a large international B2B corporation or equivalent
- Demonstrable proven track record in collection or other finance support functions.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suite i.e. advanced excel, power point etc.
- Working knowledge of SAP, Oracle or similar ERP systems
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Actively studying towards CICM or alternative relevant qualification
- Relevant Telco industry experience
- Experience of managing high value key customers
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do