Regional Operations Director
We have an exceptional opportunity to recruit a highly motivated and ambitious Regional Operations Director to lead the team in Yorkshire.
Willmott Dixon is driven by our customers' aims and aspirations, delivering outstanding work, providing a great service and excellent value for money. To this day we remain family-owned and take pride in our core values. We are passionate about people and have a real focus and drive around continuous development; this has been proven by our 5th placed ranking in the 'Times Top 100' best companies to work, Times Top 50 employers for women 2021 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People'. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future, a trusted brand and offer a career of a lifetime!
We will enter 2022 with an exciting list of secured contracts and the right people to deliver industry-leading quality and customer service whilst upholding our core values and leaving a lasting legacy. To support this, we are now looking to further strengthen our success in the region with an Operations Director who will be responsible for the £50/60m annual turnover.
Overseeing delivery teams and projects at all stages, you will be able to demonstrate proven leadership skills and be responsible for all aspects of the operations in the region, including several central functions. You will be a member of the board of directors and will influence and shape the effective day to day running of the business and the shaping of our future strategy.
As an Operations Director, you would empower your teams to ensure your teams complete their projects on time, whilst ensuring quality that astonishes the customer and a defect-free handover. Taking on responsibilities similar to a regional director, you will play a vital role in supporting the commercial and procurement teams in Yorkshire.
It is imperative that you can strategically lead and manage your teams effectively, bring out the best of our people, build on their strengths and, where needed, highlight areas of development. You will be people focused and motivational in your approach to meet the requirements of all projects. Our culture and people-focused approach are what differentiates Willmott Dixon from our competitors, you will embrace and align to working collaboratively and as one team.
In addition, you will need to ensure the operations' team financial budgets are consistently delivered whilst promoting and maintaining the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
Could you be our next Operations Director?
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Have experience of successful leadership of multi-disciplinary teams
- A track record of resolving technical, operational and contractual issues and/or disputes.
- Experience of a variety of construction operations
- Controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets
- Reading and accurately interpreting contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications
- Experience of management of multiple projects being carried out simultaneously
- Managing teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Valid driving licence
- SMSTS certificate
- MCIOB/MRICS or equivalent
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Having a can-do attitude and respond positively and with resilience to setbacks
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to current and future work
- Keeping it real - be genuine and straightforward in your dealings with people
- Take ownership, be accountable and make things happen
- Find solutions and practical ways to overcome barriers
- Think on your feet and use initiative
- Well-presented and effective at communication
- Listening, learning and sharing to drive improvement
- Strive to astonish our customer
- Leading by example and taking responsibility
- Working collaboratively to achieve results
- Recognising and respecting others
- Working as one team
We reward our people generously with a competitive salary and a market-leading benefits package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a hugely beneficial impact on the UK's economic growth and prosperity.
We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company. Times Top 50 employers for women 2021 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People'
Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we believe we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.