Here at Amey we have an opportunity for a Bid Manager to join the Utilities business, due to growth within the team.
Bids can range in value from £500k-£100m. You will be responsible for coaching and mentoring the Bid Writers and will analyse client requirements including compliance and scoring. Plus, you will help to identify win themes and story boarding to shape the content of responses.
You will have an excellent knowledge of industry best practise with respect to the content required to create high quality tenders to large, sophisticated customers with multi-service requirements.
Experience from within another regulated industry would be beneficial.
The role can be undertaken remotely, although the main office base is Chorley and you will be required to attend on an ad hoc basis.
- Degree level education in a writing-based subject
- MS Office - Word Advanced Level and PowerPoint Advanced Level
- MS Teams and SharePoint - Advanced Level
- Flexible, calm under pressure, takes ownership, and has a sense of fun.
- Thorough in approach, diligent, with keen attention to detail.
- Deadline and process oriented.
- Well organised with the capacity to take on large volume of tasks
- Experience of the bid process and of managing teams.
- Ability to produce expressive, easy-to-read written material quickly.
- Experience of developing knowledge libraries and document management systems
- Must have confidence and communication skills to be able to interact with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- At least 3 years within a Regulated Industries role
- Planning and managing the bid from outset to closure, including co-ordinating and justifying estimates and price development to senior management and the Client
- Developing and management of a Bid plan, to support the activity, resources and interdependencies
- Managing the production of the required Deliverables
- Managing the identification of delivery risks and issues and ensuring that these are assessed and appropriately managed
- Identifying and resolving issues and manage bid risks, including the development of contingency plans
- Developing and managing the bid budget
- The production of the Amey bid approval documents
- Taking the lead in managing relationships including internal and external team members, stakeholders and Sponsors / Project Board
- Reporting progress and producing direct communications
- Ensuring that the right people, with the right skills, are secured for the right roles within the bid
- Verifying that the commercial offering is consistent with the technical solution
- Adopting any delegation and use of Project assurance roles within agreed reporting structures
- Overseeing overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary
- Implementing any change control required
- Reporting through agreed reporting lines on bid progress through highlight reports and stage assessments
- Liaising with appointed bid assurance roles to provide the overall direction and integrity of the bid
- Identifying and obtaining any support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the bid
- Managing bid administration
- Conducting Bid end assessment to understand how well the bid was managed and prepare a Bid end report (including lessons learned report/preparation, identification of any follow-on actions or recommendations as required)
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.