Fleet & Plant Co-Ordinator
Here at Amey we have a brilliant opportunity for a Fleet and Plant Co-Ordinator to join the Fleet and Plant Team. You will be responsible for all day-to-day activities (pricing and initial supply chain management) relating to the provision of equipment and services for Amey Fleet & Plant customers. The fleet consists of cars, light commercial vehicles and trucks of varying specifications.
You will be able to work flexibly, and will be expected to travel around twice per month to visits suppliers based around the UK. In addition, your main office base would be Liverpool for team meetings. However, we are a progressive employer and you will be able to work remotely to suit your circumstances.
Experience in Fleet and Plant would be desirable.
- Pricing, gaining Capital Expenditure Approval, and sourcing of all vehicle requirements where the investment decision has determined that we will buy/lease the asset, and management of relevant supply chain relationships
- Development of Asset Specifications to ensure market leading innovation in the design and provision of fleet, including engagement and 'sign-off' of Vehicle Specifications at all levels of the organisation, and managing the process from inception through to final build
- Assist in specification working groups with the client to capture ideas, best practice on specifications of Amey standard specifications
- Assist in the management / evaluation of vehicle modifications, ensuring these are carried out to the required standards (HSEQ), and amending Standard Vehicle Specifications accordingly
- Assisting the Business Development Team by supporting Bidding and Account Management activities with equipment and solution development, and supporting Amey Contracts to ensure cost effective vehicle and plant solutions are implemented and that agreed service levels are managed
- Ensure all equipment that is provided to Fleet & Plant customers comply with local and Group policies / procedures together with ensuring all statutory legislative requirements are adhered to
- Meeting and exceeding the agreed customer service targets through designing/reviewing and implementing effective customer focused processes
- Responding to all customer enquiries, ensuring that all enquiries are answered as quickly and efficiently as possible, reinforcing an end-to-end positive experience for the customer
- Engender a culture of proactively working with the customer and supply chain to improve the customer experience
- Escalating complex customer queries/issues/complaints as appropriate
- Establish and operate a system of effective monitoring and reporting which identifies potential 'problems' and enables 'management by exception' of performance
- Background in Fleet & Plant with solid operational / working knowledge of the areas of supply chain responsibility together with demonstrable sector experience
- Strong in-depth technical knowledge of Cars, Vans, Specialist Large Goods Vehicles and Plant
- Management of asset pricing and procurement activity
- Flexibility to travel and spend periods away from home on operational locations (within the UK and abroad when required)
- Opportunistic and open-minded temperament
- Excellent problem solver capable of using own initiative