Cyber Security Manager
Job Title: Cybersecurity Manager
Location: London city (Old Broad Street), Edinburgh city (Sighthill) or Halifax
Payments, Fraud & Financial Crime (PFFC) Cyber Security Team, and we bring together the expertise of software engineering, cyber security, and infrastructure specialists to focus on the security of PFFC systems and services.
We operate a proactive Cyber Security service across the PFFC application landscape - identifying and pursuing opportunities for continuous improvement across our diverse platforms.
Cyber Security is paramount, and this role presents a superb opportunity to be on the cutting edge of cyber security, IT, and payments. We have a strong niche team, supporting each other's learning and development skills and knowledge, sharing ideas, and helping to grow our team.
About the role
We'd love someone who has a general understanding of cyber security, risk and compliance, and technology in general with the personal attributes and business skills to harness their expertise of these three areas.
This is an interlock role in a niche team, working across teams to ensure the right interventions are being put in place, at the right pace and time.
The ideal candidate we'll be someone that either has operationally focused and a broad understanding of production environments and system architecture.
Alternatively, experience of working in a cyber team e.g., networks security, user access management, cryptography, security tooling, security testing, security operations centre (SOC), cyber intelligence, IT architecture, cyber risk management or a team that has similar function to these.
The role is as technical as you're comfortable for it to be - we'll teach you along the way.
The must have experience we're looking for:
We'll want to see some of the following on your CV or application - the more the better. We're looking for the following skills and experience, but we believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you great!
- Cyber security knowledge in a large and complex enterprise organisation.
- Experience of conducting control testing, technical reviews or audits to understand cyber compliance needs aligned to technical and regulatory standards and strong diagnostic skills and ability to analyse technical information from various sources.
- Experience of cyber risk management, cyber compliance, assurance, and attestation work.
- IT delivery experience, either as a software or infrastructure engineer/developer. This could be in a service support team or whilst working on cybersecurity change project delivery.
The jobholder will also have tenacity and persistence to lead on work that requires you to collaborate with technical colleagues that have various levels of expertise from multiple teams including 3rd party vendors. You should have a proven track record of managing multiple competing priorities to tight deadlines.
Additionally, good interpersonal skills with an ability to build positive relationships and be able to present complex information clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and hold strong team ethos that encourages diversity.
Any skills in the following are desirable:
Your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and build an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
- Cloud experience (GCP, Azure or AWS) administration of the Cloud. Security assessments, control testing or risk management of Cloud infrastructure or applications.
- Any experience of DevSecOps, containerisation, microservices, serverless computing.
- Exposure to facilitating penetration testing, security risk assessments, driving the remediation of cyber vulnerabilities and remediating or mitigating cyber risks.
- Experience of security testing services e.g., penetration testing, ZAP testing, Burp Suite, Attack & Breach simulation, or similar.
- Cyber Vulnerability Management - leading the remediation of cyber vulnerabilities identified in penetration tests or security assessments.
Additionally, Financial Services Regulation and Payments Scheme compliance experience, or any creative experience of delivering training or upskilling colleagues through use of engaging videos, infographics etc.
We would also welcome experience of using collaboration platforms such as Atlassian Jira/Confluence; or financial Services industry in general, and payments would be helpful, but don't worry if not, we can teach you that.
What can we offer you?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development, and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
In return, we offer an excellent competitive package including a base salary £57, 861 - £75, 710 (London), £50, 130 - £65,490 (outside London), in addition to generous employer pension contribution up to 15%, 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash-sum paid with salary), 30 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, Discretionary variable annual performance bonus and private medical health cover, share schemes and access to staff discounts!
Together we'll make a difference. At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Does this sound like a great fit? If so, we look forward to hearing from you!