Part Time Finance Assistant
Part Time Finance Assistant, 15-Month FTC, Birmingham, Up to GBP24,500
Hays are delighted to be working with a large Birmingham based charitable organisation to recruit for a part-time Finance Assistant on a Fixed Term Contract basis. This role has been newly created to support the Operational Accountant who is currently in-post, providing assistance to local managers with financial processes and reporting. This role would suit an experienced and hands on candidate who is looking for a flexible part-time working pattern.
This role can be majority based from home, with an expectation that you would be office based for 1 day per week. The hours for this role will be 18.5 per week, and my client is quite flexible about how the hours would be worked, however ideally, they would be worked over 5 days.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- To assist in checking the accuracy of the bookkeeping entries within the management accounts and ensure that corrections are processed in a timely manner.
- To provide detailed monthly analysis of key items of expenditure
- Supporting month end accounting and reporting processes in line with timescales.
- To provide support and assistance in the preparation of budgets and projections.
- To provide support and assistance in the year end process
- To be able to use the organisational finance system to extract information into Excel.
- To support budget holders to ensure that finances are managed in line with policies.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Strong Excel skills (including v-lookups and pivot tables)
- AAT Level 3 or above qualified or equivalent.
- Significant experience of double entry bookkeeping, including maintenance and reconciliation of appropriate balance sheet accounts and posting of journals.
- Experience of advising non finance specialists in financial matters.
- Demonstrable experience of financial monitoring, and reporting against targets.
- Experience of reviewing and reporting on management accounts.
- Demonstrable experience of effective accounting systems maintenance in accordance with predefined systems and procedures.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.