Senior Proposals Writer
Senior Proposals Writer
Dartford or Manchester
£2bn. That's the value of new work we aim to secure every year.
Every opportunity secured is the result of a targeted pursuit, where our clients understand how we will deliver value for them better than anyone else. In each and every case, effective writing plays a crucial part in that journey.
And that's where you feature in this story. You, the experienced proposal writer, the collaborator, the one whose sharp focus and determination stands out from the crowd.
You are excited by the prospect of being part of a narrative where we create some of the UK's most iconic new buildings and infrastructure. You want to be part of a high-performing proposals team. You value the opportunity to grow within your profession. Above all, you want to co-create proposals that compel clients to choose Laing O'Rourke.
If you think this is you, have an English language or technical degree, five years' proposal writing experience in a related industry and a flair for making the complex clear, then we want to hear from you.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Understand client needs and scoring criteria and use this knowledge to shape bid responses
- Develop, write and edit high quality material that responds to client needs and articulates win themes
- Collaborate with bid team and functional subject matter experts (SMEs) through answer planning, coaching, interviews and workshops to translate technical narratives into simple, client-focused responses
- Actively participate in response review sessions; provide feedback to SMEs/bid teams to ensure their solutions meet the response requirements and marking criteria
- Excite the client about our offer - make the reader think 'wow, didn't know they could do that'
- Ensure consistency through the use of a house style and glossary
- Check and proof read final copy prior to submission
- Finalise responses within bid submission deadlines
- Review and edit evidence pieces and other bid collateral to help others, highlighting exemplar responses and evidences for our collateral management system
- Capture lessons learnt - identify issues blocking success, share learning, make necessary changes
This role is predominantly office based in either our Dartford or Manchester locations, with some travel between these two locations and to our sites to meet SMEs and bid teams members.
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email