Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Shine Multi Academy Trust
Are you a senior leader with primary education experience looking to make a difference at an academy trust across the East Midlands? Shine Multi Academy Trust seeks an individual with extensive senior leadership experience in Primary education. Board meetings will resume in Nottingham when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at single-academy and multi-academy trusts (SATs and MATs). Academy trusts exist to improve the outcomes of young people. At the highest levels of governance, they need highly skilled individuals with a variety of experiences to hold executive leadership teams to account. Insights from a wide-range of backgrounds, ensure that boards are able to make informed choices on decisions that impact the lives of children and staff.
The Academy Ambassadors Programme is service funded by the Department for Education, to match senior business leaders with academy trusts looking to strengthen their boards. By working together, inspirational educationalists and talented business leaders can provide a better future for the next generation.
A primary-only academy trust located in Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, Shine Multi Academy Trust (MAT) operates a proven framework to deliver high standards of education to all of its pupils - almost 2,000 across its six schools. The trust seeks to recruit one non-executive director/trustee with skills from Primary education. Board meetings are held virtually until it is safe to resume in-person, at which point they'll be held in Nottingham.
The board seeks one senior leader with experience in
- Education (Primary)
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- to further strengthen pupils achievements;
- to reinforce good governance through the appointment of additional trustees and to ensure effective succession planning for strong governance;
- to embed the trust's procedures and practices;
- to ensure that the trust's growth strategy is measured and realistic and does not distract from the current schools.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
When you select the option to Apply you will be redirected to the Academy Ambassadors webpage where you will find a full role specification with more details of the opportunity and the trust, including details of how to apply for the position.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.