Director, Enterprise Analytics
The Data & Strategic Insights team enables a holistic 360 view of the consumer and content for the entire Discovery organization. The team leverages a central research model with shared data and analytics services that can be accessed by all consumer-facing business functions. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team creates a shared, cohesive language with standardized data, metrics, and reporting to enable a global research community.
The Director, Enterprise Analytics is responsible for leading data visualization and self-service analytics solutions. This position will support and partner with business end-users across the company as well as colleagues in the Data & Strategic Insights Team to deliver business value using data visualization and analytics tools and methods. This position will manage a team of data visualization developers and analysts responsible for both back-end and front-end development.
• Lead a team of data visualization and analytics professionals to deliver valuable data and insights
• Oversee the design and delivery of effective data visualizations to support business decision making and problem solving
• Facilitate discussions with data users to surface and prioritize issues, requirements, and solutions
• Follow data management best practices and support a central source of truth that that drives multi-platform business optimization as well as accountability across the organization
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Analytics, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
• Strong professional experience in analytics
• Strong professional experience managing teams
• Familiarity with direct-to-consumer media industry topics and trends including customer acquisition, digital analytics, product performance metrics, content, marketing, and advertising
• Knowledge of relational database technology with intermediate to advanced SQL skills
• Experienced with data visualization and BI/analytics solution assessment, development and delivery
• Effective at team leadership and project management
• Intermediate to Advanced user of Microsoft Power BI
• Familiarity with data management principles including data integrity, data quality/hygiene, data governance, and ETL
• Self-starter, highly motivated, strong delegator, positive demeanor, polished communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.