Director Ad Sales & Partnerships FP&A
In this newly created position, the Director of Discovery+, FP&A, Ad Sales International Partnerships, will provide strategic and commercial finance support to key growth areas of Discovery’s DTC ad sales and distribution revenue. Reporting to Vice President, Discovery+ Revenue, this leader will be responsible for significant executive and cross-functional stakeholder operation and communication, as well as working closely with DTC leaders and other finance teams to accomplish team objectives. This incumbent will forge cohesive and collaborative working relationships with multiple business and finance stakeholders to model both short and long-term financial ad sales and partnership analysis, incorporate industry headwinds, and present key findings to division leadership. The successful candidate will be an innovative and analytical thinker, with strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated track record of successful leadership.
- Work with the DTC leadership representing Global Digital FP&A Finance to identify distribution growth opportunities and prepare analytical insightful analysis
- Maintain robust and integrated operational and long-term scenario models and associated analytics to support Discovery+ strategic partnership performance and initiatives
- Develop ad sales and partnership forecasts based on benchmarking analysis and market research, including addressable universe analysis, market penetration assumptions and life time value assumptions
- Frequently, and under tight deadlines, develop ad hoc models to analyze multiple scenarios. Craft weekly and monthly financial reporting and presentations
- Key partner with operating teams, Global Finance, Global Digital and the Corporate FP&A stakeholders to develop ad sales reporting, partnership reporting, presentations, and ad-hoc analysis
- Ensure accuracy of compliance with the businesses accounting principles and processes and where necessary establish new processes
- Identify and analyze current industry and past trends, identifying partnership opportunities and KPI’s
- Oversee and manage the continued development of robust ad sales partnership models
- Assess strategic mid to long term partnership projects, and then ensuring decisions of the leadership team are implemented, and results monitored
- Guide Global FP&A Center of Excellence to streamline and produce modeling and data analysis in support of D+ initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Accounting, Finance as a minimum, MBA plus. Have a minimum of 8+ years of financial management, analysis, reporting and business planning with strong strategic, analytical and finance skills in direct to consumer or media, with a focus in Ad Sales and/or distribution partnerships a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to construct long-range revenue, industry and scenario flow models, develop strategic insights and analytics and present key findings to business leaders and CFO’s.
- Adept in creating detailed financial modeling, scenario analysis and strategic analyses.
- Strong analytical capabilities as well as experience in process management.
- Will be a creative thinker, team player who can both lead and participate in cross functional projects.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.