Assistant Producer, News Planner - Sky Sports News
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.What you'll do:
- Working under the Senior News Editor you will be responsible for planning the SSN Newsgathering operation.
- Working with the Newsdesk and Senior Producers, you will be responsible for setting up of the next day's news agenda and planned coverage.
- In line with SSN priorities; originate ideas for stories, story treatments and development of agenda setting issues.
- Collaborate with other Sky Sports departments on day to day coverage as well as big events/projects.
- Manage and build up relationships with external partners and contacts.
- Liaise with Production Planners to ensure non-duplication of plans & requests.
- Work with Newsdesk to ensure diary is in line with SSN priorities, up to date and accurate.
- Assist Newsdesk and all platforms in planning hour by hour coverage on breaking news stories.
- Work within the agreed departmental budget.
- May be required to deputise for Assistant News Editor and News Editor.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and coordinate content in a fast-paced editorial environment (ideally a sports broadcaster or major news agency).
- Demonstrate a strong news sense and editorial judgement, quickly assessing a good story/picture for our customer & business.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of journalistic principles.
- Demonstrate positive relationship building skills, a team player who can manage relationships with internal & external partners.
- Strong and wide-ranging sports knowledge, with good internal & external contacts.
- Ability to work to tight budgets, cost conscious with a strong focus on value for money.
- A strong work ethic, a willingness to work unsociable hours and a desire to get involved in all aspects of the business when necessary.
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences