Income and Service Charge Manager
Income and Service Charge Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated, customer focused, solution orientated Income and Service Charge Manager to work on the delivery of income management and service charges.
Our client provides innovative and responsive housing, care and support services that promote choice and independence for people with a variety of needs including people with learning disabilities, autism, older people, young people and people with mental health support needs across North and East London.
Role: Income and Service Charge Manager
Location: Hale Village and remote working
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Contract: Maternity Cover Fixed Term 9 Months – Full Time, 38 hours per week
Closing date: 9am on 5th November 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 17th November 2021
About the role:
As Income and Service Charge Manager you will be working within the Housing Team, and will be responsible for the annual review of rents and service charges and ensure they are fully implemented within the required timescales and adhere to best practice and legislation.
You will have day to day responsibility for the Income team, ensuring rent and service charge income is maximised through arrears management and escalation processes.
You will pro-actively contribute to the management team, deputising for the Head of Housing. Meet all targets set and any relevant corporate objectives, including production of KPI’s and stats. Regularly consider new strategies, legislation, policies, trends, practices and initiate and implement any changes where appropriate to maximise income collection and deliver a customer focused service.
You will need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work well under pressure, show attention to detail and be able to prioritise your work. Communicate clearly in both written and verbally to a range of stakeholders. If you are competent in all areas of service charge administration, able to work independently within a busy team and are keen to make a difference to for our customers, we would like to hear from you!
Other essential skills and experience include:
- Experience of staff management preferably gained in a social housing setting
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of relevant housing legislation and the current issues facing social housing and the ability to translate policy into practice.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience of setting rent and service charges
- Experience of income management including a working knowledge of housing benefit and arrears management and recovery.
- Proven financial management and budgeting skills.
- Experience of managing audit processes and outcomes.
You will be working for a forward thinking organisation, committed to providing the best support possible to vulnerable people therefore you will be provided with comprehensive training and will be supported every step of the way to develop your career.
As well as knowing what you do makes a difference to people’s lives every day, you will also receive a great benefits package:
- Flexible working hours that will give you the work life balance that is right for you
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Computing Scheme
- Credit Union Scheme
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue Light Card
- Eye care Vouchers
- Flu Jab Reimbursement
- Long Service Awards
- Pension Scheme
- Purchase Additional Annual Leave
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme
- Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services for successful candidates. This will be fully subsidised.
We very much welcome previous experience working as: Rents & Service Charge Manager, Rent Recovery Manager, Income and Service Charge Manager, Service Charge Collection Manager, Service Charge Accountant, Leasehold Services Manager, Tenant Liaison, Housing Officer, etc.