Part-Time Credit Controller Media
Portfolio Credit Control are working with a rapidly expanding media organisation who are going through significant stage of growth. Following a number of acquisitions over the last year or so they are looking to take on a new Credit Controller on an interim basis working part time hours. The role will start off office-based while the successful candidate gets up to speed, with the option of hybrid working in the near future. The Part-time interim position would also turn into something more permanent for the right person. As a credit Controller, you will develop close working relationships with all stakeholders enabling you to proficiently manage queries within SLA's, whilst adhering to business processes deadlines.
- Manage an end to end ledger and take responsibility for collection of outstanding debt.
- Action queried debt, investigate and resolve within agreed SLAs with all key stakeholders.
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines.
- Investigate and solve client issues to reduce the overall DSO.
- Assist with allocation of cash to support the accurate and efficient collection of debt.
- Identification of unallocated cash due to missing receipts or unidentified payments belonging to clients.
- Reconciliation of Cash & Identification of all receipts - provide assistance to line manager and treasury to ensure that all payments are allocated in accordance with month end close.
- Monitor and maintain up to date client records on both the booking and billing systems.
- Complete all due diligence on all new client applications and review of all sole traders/Ltd companies to minimise exposure to the business.
- Raise credits and invoices as required and within necessary SLA's.
- Track and log credit activity on a weekly basis, including details of credit notes raised and the reasons behind credit notes being raised.
- Maintain a high overall Cash Collection of previous months billing target.
- Continue to monitor 30+ day aged debt
- Aim to keep the overall DSO below 30 days unless exceptional circumstances
- All Cash receipts to be reviewed on a daily basis, to ensure correctly identified and allocated to the account.
- Recent experience of working within the private sector - media would be a bonus
- Knowledge of Excel would be beneficial, especially knowledge of Vlookups & Pivot Tables for reporting purposes
- Ideally a minimum of 3+ years credit control experience within an end-to-end function including responsibility for your own cash allocation