Part time Payroll Officer
My client are a charity looking for a part time Payroll officer. The hours will be 5 hours per day over 5 days (Monday to Friday) but very flexible on the times worked each day.
This role is based in the office only one day per week and the rest home based.
- Support Payroll and Pensions Lead with monthly payroll run for both sites and pay dates, including changes to pay, hours, deductions, absences, working patterns, benefit additions such as childcare vouchers, healthcare scheme deductions, cycle scheme deductions, car park scheme deductions and pension contributions.
- Assist with payroll changes processing, working to monthly authorisation and sign off deadlines.
- Assist with sickness absence pay and overtime pay processes. Produce annual leave calculations, including those for part time and flexible workers.
- Update the HR system with annual leave changes and work pattern changes.
- Assist with processing employee pension change requests and with leaver process.
- Contribute to the production of the monthly Payroll spreadsheet detailing all changes to pay each month.
- Respond to queries from staff regarding pay and pensions.
- Assist with calculations for changes to salaries following changes in hours, maternity, promotions, shift patterns, leaving, annual leave.
- Saving HMRC checklists to employee files and relevant payroll folder
- Password protecting employee PDF documents to send to GT, e.g., New Starter checklists, P45s, Paternity forms
- • To run the payroll and complete other associated tasks when the Payroll Officer is on annual leave, increasing hours to 30 per week during these times.
Applicants must have previous payroll experience as above and be available for an immediate start
Katie Bard is acting as an agency and is an equal opportunities employer