Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"Identity Tribe is at the heart of Sky's global digital platforms. You will be joining a diverse team where the focus is on building scalable applications with security and reliability built in" - Senior Developer
What you'll do:
- You will interpret business requirements and deliver high quality, customer focused technical solutions.
- Be a part of an agile environment primarily using open source technologies and the best deployment techniques.
- Join a mixed team of back-end and front-end developers use to a wide range of technologies from Kubernetes to ReactJS.
- Drive the best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Utilise pair-programming on a regular basis and mentor less experienced developers where appropriate.
- Report to a senior developer and work closely with other Java and Scala developers, Testers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Solution Architects, Reliability Engineers, Security Engineers and Performance Engineers to maintain and improve market-leading digital solutions.
What you'll bring:
- Experience in Java or Scala Development.
- Advocate of TDD and BDD practices.
- Experience of OO development and design patterns.
- Exemplary communication and people skills, in a technical and non-technical context.
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites.
- A passion for Agile methodologies and concepts such as Scrum, XP, Lean, and Kanban.
- Familiarity with front end web technologies, for example ReactJS, is desirable.
Group Product: We're the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we're collaborative, empowered and innovative - together, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available from Granary Wharf. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.