Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing Identity Tribe.
Based at Leeds Dock, the Identity Tribe is at the heart of Sky's global digital platforms. You will be joining a diverse team where the focus is on building scalable applications with security and reliability built in.
What you'll do:
- Be involved in creating a working alongside scrum teams, coaching on how to increase efficiency and quality of delivery whilst also driving continuous improvement.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Work within a multi-skilled team on multiple applications and products what have a worldwide audience.
- Support the management of roadmaps and backlogs with the Product Owners & Stakeholders.
- Coach and lead Agile activities and workshops within the wider development community as well as providing coaching to the team using a servant leadership style where relevant and leading by example.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution within development squads and the wider tribe, driving the right conversations to the right conclusions ensuring everyone has had the chance to be heard.
What you'll bring:
- Experience within a fast-paced software development team, technology delivery and the demands it can bring.
- You will have good Knowledge of various Agile approaches: Scrum, Kanban, XP etc.
- A continuous Improvement mindset. Identifying areas to improve and finding the right time and methods to implement.
- A coaching and mentoring approach that instils a self-sufficiency mindset.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and social skills and have proven ability to influence decisions in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Knowledge of estimation, story points, velocity and the benefits of collecting data and being data driven..
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available from Granary Wharf. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.