Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sky is looking for a Solution Architect (SA) to join the Identity team and help drive improvements and new features on our global Identity platform. Our team provides sign-in, sign-up and related services for tens of millions of Sky, NowTV and NBCU Peacock customers and we have an exciting roadmap of enhancements that require architecture design and support.
What you'll do:
* Work with product owners, security teams and analysts across the Identity team and the business in order to understand requirements and business needs.
* Turn those requirements into technical solutions that can be refined, estimated and ultimately delivered by the development teams within Identity.
* Collaborate with other architects and teams (e.g. app teams, data teams) to ensure that our solutions work as part of the end to end architecture
* Help shape the platform and identify where we should be investing time and money, e.g. new Identity standards we should support or realigning our microservices
What you'll bring:
* The ideal candidate will already be working as a Solution Architect but we are open to people in other roles who have an enthusiasm for and interest in architecture
* The ability to weigh up multiple solutions to a problem against different priorities, e.g. security, performance, maintenance cost
* Strong technical background (typically dev but could also have started in test or analysis). Breath of experience and full stack preferred over one narrow area as the role touches a lot of areas, e.g. resiliency patterns, NoSQL DBs, Kubernetes and cloud, message brokers, security
* An ability to clearly define and document technical solutions
* Strong communication and collaborative skills - a big part of the job is talking to people to understand requirements and talking to developers and other SAs to ensure we build the right thing in the right way
* An ability to work to deadlines and meet delivery needs whilst not neglecting the the overall architecture and platform needs
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world's best entertainment.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available from Granary Wharf. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis, and stay fit at our subsidized gym.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.